Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: microtrims

Length
    APL/APL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Default microtrims

I've been feeling really down about my hair lately, because despite all of the S&Ding, conditioning and oiling, my ends were starting to feel really brittle and splitting worse and worse. I was thinking that I might need to just chop off a couple of inches. : I put the two week rule into effect and I still thought that I needed a serious trim. I didn't want to lose any length because my hair has been growing at an extremely slow rate and I have been shedding like crazy. I think losing any length would have just made me more depressed lol. So I sucked it up and trimmed a quarter of an inch off of my ends. It seriously made a world of difference! I suggest to any of you out there that are suffering through a history of chemical/bleach damage or just rough handling damage and feel like there is no hope but to chop off all the damaged parts...wait it out and if anything at all just do a microtrim. It worked for me and hopefully it will save your length and sanity as well

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: microtrims

I do this monthly and literally just take the very, very ends off. It makes hardly any difference to my growth rate but it does make my ends better looking.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

I do this also. It works!

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Dang, now I want to trim my hair.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/APL/WSL

I do it too! I've heard it referred to as seek and destroy. You go through all your hair and look for strands that have had better days then just snip off the very end.
    My Hair Journey all the ups downs and inbetweens!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

S&D involves just cutting the split ends off individual hairs, microtrims is trimming the very ends off the hem, to make it look neater.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Since I can't bear to let go of any length, even though it needs to be trimmed off, I microtrim every couple months. It's very easy on curly hair--I just snip a millimeter off the ends of each curl. It does make a difference.
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    Since I can't bear to let go of any length, even though it needs to be trimmed off, I microtrim every couple months. It's very easy on curly hair--I just snip a millimeter off the ends of each curl. It does make a difference.
    OMG I didn't think of that. Which is weird since I'm all about Curly Girl, written by the queen of the dry cut. That's totally what I'm going to do! It's like the perfect solution. The problem is my hair is tapering, but it's not apparent on the "whole hair," just each curl is tapering. Which makes it kinda look like splits or breakage, even though it isn't.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

It makes a big difference, just taking off the tip of the curl and blunting it. It is also slowly evening out my severe taper.
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Short/IDK/Hip
    Type
    4b/F/M/ii

I just did this the other day too. The amount I took off was so minuscule, but it made all the difference. My hair already is retaining moisture and feeling softer.
    IMHO, one can never have too much conditioner. ~Proverb from a PJ~
    Lady Bey of Twilight Cloud in the Order of the LongHaired Knights