Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: microtrims

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: microtrims

You lucky girl Nightshade! I think I would be frightened to let my husband near my hair with scissors.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I have 2 sets of layers but want to eventually have a bluntish all one length hemline.

I will try Feyes method and see what happens.

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

girlcat36! I did a little bit of your trimming way last night. I'm loving it so far.

The nice thing about this is, it's not a big commitment to get my hair wet and do it all at once like Feye method would be. I can pretty much sit here and just find the curls that look too tapered, as if I was S&Ding them. The ones in the back are holding up pretty decent anyway, it's the front and top that seems to be tapering faster.

Thanks so much for suggesting this!
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I get a small trim every other month and I feel your pain at the slow growth issue. I have been around BSL for ages now. But I keep reminding myself that slow but soft heathly growth with frequent trims is better than no trims and dry split ends!

Length
    apl/hip/?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

I microtrim monthly using Feye's method for a U-shape.

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Riot Crrl View Post
    girlcat36! I did a little bit of your trimming way last night. I'm loving it so far.

The nice thing about this is, it's not a big commitment to get my hair wet and do it all at once like Feye method would be. I can pretty much sit here and just find the curls that look too tapered, as if I was S&Ding them. The ones in the back are holding up pretty decent anyway, it's the front and top that seems to be tapering faster.

Thanks so much for suggesting this!
    Glad it's working for you!
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    22/24.3/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Do any of you go to a salon to get it cut or do you do it yourself? I want to be able to do it myself, but it seems tricky for the back of my head because my hair is at apl

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I think the longer it is, the easier it might be to do the self trim method. APL is probably long enough for Feye method, though. If you can get all the ends in the front and see them, even in a mirror, it should work.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

I have been trimming my own since shoulder length; although it is easier to trim curly hair, mistakes are far less noticable.

I don't think I will ever set foot in a salon again, I have never found a stylist I could trust to take just a tiny bit off. I think the last time I had a trim at a salon was 4 years ago. My BSL went to shoulder length--her idea of a trim!
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    I have been trimming my own since shoulder length; although it is easier to trim curly hair, mistakes are far less noticable.

I don't think I will ever set foot in a salon again, I have never found a stylist I could trust to take just a tiny bit off. I think the last time I had a trim at a salon was 4 years ago. My BSL went to shoulder length--her idea of a trim!
    I know straight longhairs get that problem too, but it seems compounded by curliness. Oh hi, shrinkage exists!