Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: boss wants me to cut hair (old thread)

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Arrow boss wants me to cut hair (old thread)

/mod note on
    This is an old thread. Feel free to comment but don't expect a reply from the OP.
    /mod note off

I have a boss who has been making obvious comments about how nice I would look with a hair cut. She even went so far as trying to make an appointment with her stylist for me. She thinks I should get a bob! I told her that my hair now is as short as it is going to get and she seemed irked. Can you believe this! Does anyone else here get pressure from work to cut. It is so frustrating.
    Last edited by neko_kawaii; August 8th, 2015 at 08:28 PM.

Length
    32/46/dunno
    Type
    1a/M/iii

If your hair is too long for her preferences that she likes throwing onto other people, I would hate (read: love) to see her reactions at the hair of some other posters here. That is ridiculous. :/

Length
    25/28/35
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Wow!

Uh, in her own way she is being very sweet. You did the right thing by telling her you enjoy your hair longer. I'd just make sure to thank her for maying the appointment (however misguided her intentions were) maybe get her a gift a bottle of wine or something? (Cheap one!) Just to smooth things out, office politics.

I think you handled it very well, sticking to your guns about your hair.
    Whoever first looked at a cow's utters and said 'I'll drink whatever comes out of those when I tug on them!' must have been a nutcase.

Growing Long Blonde Silk AquaViolet1973's Avatar
    Length
    ?/long/40"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

If she keeps nagging you about it, that is harrassment, and I would report her to the higher ups. Hopefully it won't get to that point.
    AquaViolet
    My Blog...AquaViolet's Hair and Life. My blog is now only viewable by Friends and Contacts. AquaViolet...Pictures of my Angel Click on the pictures to make them larger.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

She wants to save you from yourself. Sweet? not

She is entitled to her opinion, though. I'd shrug it off, maybe tell her that I'll consider getting a haircut when I'm rolling over the ends with my office chair.

Length
    pixie/16.5/BSL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I am in shock with how rude that is!!! Does your hair in any way affect your work? An employer is completely out of line making any comments on your personal appearance, unless you are breaking the dress code, or something like that. Kudos for standing up to her, it is just unbelievable that you even have to deal with this!!!

Account Closed by Member Request

No matter how well intended she may have been, the bottom line is your boss is rude and crossed the line...

How would she like it if you told her that she would look much nicer if she lost 20# and made an appointment for Jenny Craig, or got her a free week membership at a gym?! I'm sure that would have gone over like a lead balloon.

Ps. Don't buy her anything, you aren't in the wrong...If anyone owes anyone a bottle of wine, it's her! If by chance she does spring for one, take it and drink up w/o her.

You might want to update your resume!
    Last edited by angelthadiva; May 26th, 2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: add ps

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Are there any conceivably "legitimate" (note the quote marks and qualifying use of the word "conceivably") reasons that it could be argued it's "less professional" or something when it's long? "Bun" is the universal symbol for "professional."
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Your boss is just being obnoxious. There are so many people that just can't keep their personal opinions to themselves.

You've made your position clear, and unless she's completely oblivious to social niceties, I think she'll likely leave it alone.

I do know how annoying it feels though.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

It appears to me in looking at your avatar (if that is your hair in the picture) that you can easily put it up in some manner. You don't have your hair length stats filled in, so it's hard to know how long your hair really is. It may have been a one time comment and let's hope that is the case. If she says anything more, I'd document it and the first comment and take it to the higher ups. If there are no higher ups you may want to think about looking for another job. SHE is the one who is unprofessional.

I am not here to decorate your world