Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Brand of Henna / Recommendations

Question Best Brand of Henna / Recommendations

Hello Everyone. I am new to the site and would love to give henna a try. I am, however, confused as to which brand to try. I would like for it to be BAQ henna and turn out a very dark brown without very much red. Would this require the use of indigo as well? Thank you bunches in advance

Length
    12 in/15 in/30 in
    Type
    3c/F/iii

Default Re: Best Brand of Henna / Recommendations

I can't tell you how it would turn out on your hair, but I have used morroccan henna mixed with amla and buxus. the morroccan henna is easier to get to go toward brown than any other I have tried. My first henna experience was with celebration henna and indigo and I came out flaming dayglo orange!! Then I found www.hennasooq.com and I ordered on the advice of the owner, morroccan henna, amla and buxus. Mixed the henna with black tea and amla. Mixed the buxus seperately, then when dye release happened combined all of them together and plopped it on my head for three hours. My hair came out beautiful! Brown, golden tones, and some red tones. My starting color was very dark brown with about 35% white, and I mean stark raving white temples and white mixed in. The color ended up with is my avatar...
    I am sitting here right now with it all in my hair! My roots were showing and well it is time LOL
    Last edited by diverbel; October 27th, 2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: spelling

The color is amazing! Thank you so much for your advice.

Length
    12 in/15 in/30 in
    Type
    3c/F/iii

Anytime hon, just remember, strand testing is your friend! I was stupid and didn't do any, just went for it! On the third try I think, I got the mix right and have the color you see in my picture. And thanks for the compliment. I also do my ex husband's new wife's hair. She has a starting color of mousy ashy blond/brown... died blonde... I put 25 grams of henna, 25 grams of amla and 100 grams of buxus on her head for three hours, and she came out with light brown color that she loves... darnit LOL... was hoping to get out having to do her hair...no luck though... every five weeks, I get to do it for her.

Type
    1b/F/ii

Diverbel, I'd love to see a photo of your ex-in-law's color! That sounds great.
    My plant dye strand tests - Henna, cassia, indigo, buxus on mohair: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3933575...7619485710101/

Length
    12 in/15 in/30 in
    Type
    3c/F/iii

caribou55313,
    It is my ex husband's new wife.... and I will ask her for a picture of it the next time I talk to her.
    Just got out of the shower and well, that bad karma wench got me back for trying to make the ex husband's new wife's hair green. My white/gray roots are now a lovely frog butt green! Hoping it will oxidize over the next couple days to a pretty brown/red... if not then I am going straight henna and be a redhead....I knew I would get paid back for trying to be mean...never pays.....

Quote Originally Posted by RUNAWAYCHIC006 View Post
    Hello Everyone. I am new to the site and would love to give henna a try. I am, however, confused as to which brand to try. I would like for it to be BAQ henna and turn out a very dark brown without very much red. Would this require the use of indigo as well? Thank you bunches in advance
    I also recommend henna sooq ! She can answer all your questions and is very sweet !

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

For henna noobs I highly recommend using LUSH's range of henna bars--they're very user friendly and I've had good results from them in the past.
    The Cheese agrees--long hair's the best!

You all are the best. I have been through a hair disater a few years ago so I always research like crazy and try to get advice before I do anything to my hair. There are some great recomendations here. <3

Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlestdoc View Post
    For henna noobs I highly recommend using LUSH's range of henna bars--they're very user friendly and I've had good results from them in the past.
    I agree with thelittlestdoc.