So xoxophelia started a fun thread for those whose colour isn't brown and isn't blonde, and I thought we could do with a thread for those of us who have a no-man's-land colour between brown and red.

We aren't true redheads -- but we aren't brunettes either! You might call your hair auburn, or copper, or chestnut, or titian. You might consider your hair to be a brown that happens to be reddish, or a red that happens to be brownish. But as ambiguous as it may be, it is beautiful!

I'm apparently ginger enough that people decided to hug me on "hug a ginger" day, but my hair looks brown in photos. I've been told "your hair isn't red -- it's definitely brown" just as firmly as I've been told the exact opposite! Those who feel they fit into this group, please come and share your photos and stories and PRIDE in this colour here

my hair looking extremely brown ...

my hair in more natural lighting ...

definitely redder on my damaged ends than my healthy roots ...

and apologies for very drunken, very unflattering photo. But this is the only photo-with-flash I have right now ...

(I actually have a photo-with-flash where it turned out a BRIGHT orange colour, but I can't find it!)

Who wants to join in? Please, like the blonette thread, no bashing this colour.