Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Auburn Pride!

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Auburn Pride!

Freckles , SwordWomanRiona, and wooliswonderful; gorgeous hair!

I'm never sure if I fit in this group or not. My hair's brown with reddish tones - more brown than full on auburn I think. My hair used to get copper highlights in the summer (I've protected my hair from the sun at the height of summer in recent years so I'm not sure if I still do), but the ACV rinses have skewed things.

ETA:
    Last edited by pepperminttea; June 28th, 2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Fixed original image link, and added a more recent one.

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Calf-/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by wooliswonderful View Post
    Totally! Depending on the lighting my red tones come out or don't.

In the sun I look reddish:

In most pics and inside I look almost deep brown. Sorry about my weird pose.

I would love more red like our baby:

But I'm finally learning to love my own hair.
    Yes, my auburn hair behaves the same way! It looks very similar to your colour indoors, but way less red than your first picture when outside. If I had only seen the first pic, I would have sworn you were a redhead!
    I love how it changes, I used to fret about it regarding my own hair, but you've all got me converted!

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Calf-/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminttea View Post

I'm never sure if I fit in this group or not. My hair's brown with reddish tones - more brown than full on auburn I think. My hair used to get copper highlights in the summer (I've protected my hair from the sun at the height of summer in recent years so I'm not sure if I still do), but the ACV rinses have helped!

Thanks, pepperminttea
    I think your hair is auburn, yes, you do have red tints in it. Very pretty (and so thick!!), btw .

tangle teezer evangelist freckles's Avatar
    Length
    26/tb/tb
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by xoxophelia View Post
    Pretty hair ladies! I have also had people call me redhead (which I think is just wishful thinking on their part!!! .. i swear some people are more color blind than they realize)

I am definitely not auburn but it is a pretty color that dye boxes seem to have issues getting right.
    Thanks, xoxophelia! Hairdressers have said to me, "I get a lot of people come in wanting your colour" and also, "never dye it! You can't dye it back to this colour!" BUT ... I've never known whether that's just the kind of thing that hairdressers say to be nice or if they meant it

Quote Originally Posted by aisha.christine View Post
    I'm a dark auburn
    Definitely not a ginger auburn, more like burnished copper appliance auburn.
    I do henna glosses now, so it's far more prevalent than it naturally would be (at least in the sunlight, inside, it looks identical to how it looked before I started the glosses.)
    welcome! I think my hair is more the colour of a two-pence-coin-that-has-been-in-circulation-for-years than it is of anything burnished, but I still like the word 'copper' as a descriptor for any kind of auburn hair, because copper can look so many different colours!

Quote Originally Posted by MissManda View Post
    Just stopping by to say that your gorgeous natural hair colors are the reason why I henna.
    that's very sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Amber_Maiden View Post
    Auburn as well But I appear to be going darker... I like to enhance it with henna... But i'm getting tired of henna. Attempting to colour everything darker this weekend and just grow my roots
    Yeah I've considered 'bringing out the red' with henna, but it just seems too much maintenance for me Good luck on going natural! Embrace your ambiguous colour!
    don't know whether your hair is brown or red? us neither!
    hit my length goal of tailbone ... now learning to maintain and aiming to reduce split ends!

Length
    26/tb/tb
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Your colour is wonderful, SwordWomanRiona! I know what you mean about looking at your ends in sunlight and wishing all your hair could be that colour! But it's alright, we're just secret redheads ... redheads with a disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordWomanRiona View Post
    I love your auburn hair, freckles! You're absolutely right, auburn hair's gorgeous! I think it's great how it looks redder in some photos, and then browner in others. Only, the red-hair-lover in me often wishes for 100% red hair ! But that's not bashing the colour at all .
    thank you for the compliment! I often wish I was a true redhead, too, but just like the blonettes, we have magic chameleon abilities
    hit my length goal of tailbone ... now learning to maintain and aiming to reduce split ends!

≈ωаѵєs оŋ τнє оcєаŋ≈ xoxophelia's Avatar
    Length
    26"/35"/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I do think it is actually difficult to dye to correctly. I see tooooooons of people trying to go auburn and it's generally a little too far on the side of red or too orange. I think people would have the best luck with henna glosses maybe.
    Last edited by xoxophelia; October 26th, 2011 at 06:20 PM.

~~embracing nature's waves~~
    instagram: monophonatic

Length
    26/tb/tb
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by wooliswonderful View Post
    Totally! Depending on the lighting my red tones come out or don't.

In the sun I look reddish:

But I'm finally learning to love my own hair.
    SwordWomanRiona is right, that first picture is more than 'reddish', if I'd only seen that one there would be no doubt in my mind that you were a redhead through-and-through. But that's the beauty of auburn hair!
    I need to get some real sunlight pictures but I am out in sunlight so rarely

I'm never sure if I fit in this group or not. My hair's brown with reddish tones - more brown than full on auburn I think. My hair used to get copper highlights in the summer (I've protected my hair from the sun at the height of summer in recent years so I'm not sure if I still do), but the ACV rinses have helped!
    I think anyone who thinks they fit into this group, does! It's sooo hard to tell from limited photos (again, like the blonettes) that only people who live with this hair know if they have it, I think. You have beautiful hair pepperminttea! When you say that ACV rinses "helped", you mean, they helped to bring out red tones, or something else?

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Thanks SwordWomanRiona! It compacts down a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by freckles View Post
    I think anyone who thinks they fit into this group, does! It's sooo hard to tell from limited photos (again, like the blonettes) that only people who live with this hair know if they have it, I think. You have beautiful hair pepperminttea! When you say that ACV rinses "helped", you mean, they helped to bring out red tones, or something else?
    Thank you! ACV rinses definitely made my red tones a bit brighter. I use them for hard water build up, and to help my scalp out, but bringing out the red is a nice side-effect.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SwordWomanRiona View Post
    Yes, my auburn hair behaves the same way! It looks very similar to your colour indoors, but way less red than your first picture when outside. If I had only seen the first pic, I would have sworn you were a redhead!
    I love how it changes, I used to fret about it regarding my own hair, but you've all got me converted!
    Your hair is gorgeous, I'm glad to have hair with similar properties!

I love your hair! your length shot is so beautiful! I just started doing ACV rinses and am hoping it will bring out my red.
    Quote Originally Posted by freckles View Post
    SwordWomanRiona is right, that first picture is more than 'reddish', if I'd only seen that one there would be no doubt in my mind that you were a redhead through-and-through. But that's the beauty of auburn hair!
    I need to get some real sunlight pictures but I am out in sunlight so rarely
    Thanks, I guess I didn't realize before how red it looks sometimes, because when I'm out in the sun I don't see my hair. Then people would tell me it was red and I thought "OK, sure..."
    My mom told me I have no red in my hair, then I looked at baby pics and I'm totally Auburn. I guess I've had a bit of hair confusion.

Length
    BSL/APL/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I'm a dark auburny chestnut brown lol.
    Lady Móreadhiel, Whisperer and Guardian to the Creatures of Silence in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    pixie-jaw-shoulder-APL-BSL-WAIST!