Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Auburn Pride!

Length
    SL/APL/BSL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Auburn Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingHeart View Post
    I have a lot of freckles and bruise very easily, but the bruising is part of that condition I mentioned. I have fairly dark lashes except that the tips are translucent blonde. Makes my eyelashes look averaged length when really they are so long I can't wear most wrap-around sunglasses.

Your eyelashes sound identical to mine! I get them from my grandma, who has a very fair complexion. I also have a decent amount of freckles and fair skin in the colder months, but the Native American blood in me allows my skin to tan in the Summer. I bruise easily as well. I wouldn't call my hair auburn exactly, its more of a medium-dark brown with natural red highlights. It can lighten to an auburn shade in the Summer. My eyebrows aren't very dark either - more like a medium brown.

My SISTER on the other hand has more of an auburn shade to her hair, but she has dark eyebrows and lashes. She also has very fair skin and bruises easy, but she doesn't have as many freckles as I do.

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Fair skin here, but with a yellow/warm cast. Dark green/hazel eyes, very dark brows and lashes (golden tips). I can flush easily - and am over-sensitive to changes in temperature (sorry, just thought I'd put that in!) Oh, hair = mid-auburn brown.

Length
    2"/37"/43+
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I cant believe Ive never noticed this thread before! My reddishness is something I obsess over bigtime! Im probably more on the strawberry blonde side than the auburn, but I do understand the 'am I red' or 'am I brown' plight! When I first logged into LHC I just went by Bandia...then after getting several redhead compliments here and on other redhead sites I liked to frequent I added Rua which is basically 'reddish' (and Bandia means goddess) But sometimes I too still wonder if Im just lying to the internet community about being a redhead, which I really dont mean to do. It was a lot redder when I was a kid. I have an awful complex about this topic, My family does at times get sick of it Im sure as I will ask them "is my hair red?" or "was it ever red to begin with?" On the occasions when I do get a redhead compliment I feel kind of like I dont deserve it, though I cherish those moments greatly...If someone says my hair is brown or blonde I just hate it.

Just recently I found some old pawn tickets of mine from two different pawn shops, and in the area where they put a descritpion of the person pawning items one shop listed me as having red hair, and the other one as brown. So I dont know...lol

"I took a leap of faith and found out I could fly!" - Me
    http://www.laurieodriscoll.com

Length
    22"/hip/tb
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

This is me, too... depending on the light my hair can look light brown, dark brown, chestnut, auburn, or downright copper. Crazy!
    *******Firefly*******
    2a/F-M/ii ~~ Hip

Length
    HL/TBL/CL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

10 thingy............
    Last edited by auburntressed; August 15th, 2017 at 01:30 AM.

Oh, the humidity! woolyleprechaun's Avatar
    Length
    1inch/38/??
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

AHA!!! Glad I found you here! My hair is just like that, it can be percieved as pretty much any colour. I hated it for years, any darkening dye seemed way to harsh, and lightening it always left me ginger due to the reddish tint it has. I love it now because it turns a realy good red with henna.

Length
    2/40/45
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

This has been a fun thread to read! My hair is a dark auburn with a lot of red tones visible in bright light. The past year or so I've started graying, so I am letting the henna grow out. Looking forward to more silvery tinsel mixed in amongst the natural auburn tones.
    1a/F/ii - dark auburn[hennaed]-fine wispy texture
    pixie/tailbone/tailbone

Length
    21"/21"/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Russet can be a blonde brown color but for red and brown they really need a good name

Length
    21"/21"/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by xoxophelia View Post
    Pretty hair ladies! I have also had people call me redhead (which I think is just wishful thinking on their part!!! .. i swear some people are more color blind than they realize)

I am definitely not auburn but it is a pretty color that dye boxes seem to have issues getting right.
    What is the best box dye you have used?

Length
    21"/21"/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I would love a nice blonde mix in mine any ideas?