Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: annoying growth stages

Default Re: annoying growth stages

Your hair looks beautiful!
    I agree with Aveyronnaise, I think its the winter blues!

If it bothers you, cut it. Period

I used to be just length-goal oriented and gave not a thought to how I felt about my hair in the moment, except to quickly put it up every day and never look at it down, and NEVER wear it out down. I felt so embarrassed once when I went to the store with it down. That is so -- wrong!

Hair is definitely something that is malleable. It grows, you can style it, etc. If you want to grow it out but hate it in the process, where's the fun in that?

I say if cutting a few inches makes you happier getting to your goal, DO IT! Although I'm regrowing now and am realizing just how long it takes hair to grow, I was so happy to have cut it, and I don't regret it a bit.

Rereading this I feel a little bit heretical, but remembering how awful my hair made me feel makes me want to encourage others to feel happier about it.

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I have to say stop the trimmings and wear it in a braid. The type you wear in back long loose and up out of mind out of sight. As the saying goes. I'd oil and do my normal hair care just not dwell on it.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    17/24/35
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

as anyone says - your hair is beautiful.
    But I know what you mean. I stayed at bra strap level for 3 years, because of thin hair after bleach.
    And now I've chopped 5 inch of thin ends,and still I have layers.
    I wish it will grow faster - maybe in 6 months I'll be at waist....
    And all my friends says is so nice, like yours maybe, only I see the "thin ends"

Length
    SL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

I know the feeling; I'm there now between APL and BSL. My length pictures from February and March show no difference whatsoever, but I know my hair has grown; it just had more wave in it it in the March picture, which ate length. SO ANNOYING because it feels like it's taking forever to get anywhere, and even though cognitively I know it's growing having pictures that show zero growth in a month is really discouraging.

Length
    APL/BSL/HL/TB
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

Your hair is absolutely beautiful. Just wanted to tell you.. (: & I would choose length, I think whispy ends are gorgeous in a unique way. Best of luck! c:

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I'm slowly learning not to worry too much about my goals. I really want to achieve them soon, but I'm also constantly having to revise them as I find my routine, try new things, etc. Sometimes I seem to be making lots of progress, other times it just stalls. If I were you, I would trim as necessary and just try to be patient. Waiting is no fun, but it will make getting there all the more worthwhile. Good luck!

Length
    12/30 MB/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/ii/iii

Growing it over the shoulder is the phase that I am at. I am a good ways from getting all my hair to clear my shoulders.

Length
    8/4/24
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Growing out a pixie is painful ... I don't care who you are