Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grapeseed oil

Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Grapeseed oil

At the grocery story and found a big bottle of Grapeseed organic oil! When I compared it to Olive oil label it seems a bit better for skin with the high vitamin E content.

I mixed my new facial OCM with 1/4 part castor oil, 1/4 part olive oil, and 1/2 part Grapeseed oil, It was absolutely lovely on my face!

I have not heard of Grapeseed oil for many hair regimes . . .what are your expieriences with it on hair? Is it considered penetrating or sealing?

Length
    buzz/pixie/pixie
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Grapeseed oil

I use it for my hair. I haven't tried a lot of oils but so far it's the one I prefer for daily light oilings (I use coconut oil for pre-wash treatments). It's much lighter than other popular oils, so I guess you'll have to see if your hair likes it. I'm currently experimenting with using in for my skin.
    Finding a way to love my hair.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

It really great for detangling, it is light, but if you have coarsr hair, it might make your hair feel harder due to the ceramides in it, so don't overdo it if you notice your hair getting crunchier. I say it's fine as long as you wash it out nicely.

Length
    12"/23"/36.5"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I personally didn't have a lot of luck with grapeseed oil on my hair, it's a little to heavy for me, and I don't feel like it totally gets absorbed into my hair (It leaves my hair a bit to oily for my tastes.) BUT it works wonders on my skin. Of course, hair is a very personal thing, what is a failure for me, might be an absolute success for you. I say try it and see!
    C'mon, GROW!

ChinShoulderAPLBSL✻Waist✻Hip✻Tailbone

Length
    SL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I've been eying the organic grape seed oil at my work, but it's over $10 and I can't justify it when I just bought castor oil, sweet almond oil, and avocado oil lol.
    However, it will probably be in my next round of purchases- that and the hazelnut oil sitting beside it Then maybe I can contribute something worthwhile to this thread

Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I love it.. been using it on my ends daily for ages. Literally just a drop or two, rub it with my palms together so there's just a light sheen covering my hands.. and then I press my hands together with the ends of my hair in between them and slide down till it's all covered Takes about 10 mins to fully sink in for me, then it just feels soft and lovely, not oily at all!

Length
    bald/APL?/???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I've been using it almost daily. I wet my hair and condition it, then let it towel dry and do a rather heavy application of the grapeseed oil before I brush and bun it for the day. I don't have a problem with it being too heavy, in fact it has been sinking in extraordinarily well for me.
    Lady Aemanaeka with the Eyes of Yce in the Order of the Longhaired Knights
    Current Length: Almost Waist
    Goal Length: Waist/Hips/Tailbone/Classic
    Wife number 87.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Grapeseed is my hair's favorite oil -- soaks in well without leaving a greasy look/feel.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Type
    1c/C/ii

My skin loves grapeseed oil! I haven't used it much on my hair as I don't oil it very often anyways, but my hair seems to like it a bit more than olive oil.
    Last edited by seaj; October 19th, 2011 at 04:55 PM.

Length
    Apl/Bsl+/Waist
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

I also read somewhere that grapeseed oil is a good heat protectant...don't know how true that is though