Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Is your hair heavy??

Default Re: Is your hair heavy??

My hair is insanely heavy. I actually had dreadlocks for over a year and even though I loved them, I combed them out for this exact reason. It was going to break my neck. I just couldn't deal with the weight anymore. Now that I have normal hair, the weight is much less, but it still tugs on my neck whenever all my hair is wet.

Length
    27/40/45
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Mine is not at all heavy. Though it's reasonably thick (3,5 inches), even my braids don't seem to have any weight to them. I've always envied the way heavier braids fall and swish beautifully, as mine just seems to stick out of my head and defy gravity. Of course I've always made it very tight to control the flyaways. Now I just make the braid looser and start it in a way that seems to hold more hair in it, and it's more pliant, but still a bit awkward and prone to standing stick-straight over my shoulder if I pull it forward. Hopefully with a little more length it will be even more manageable.

Account Closed by Member Request

Yes it is, but i would want it to be even heavier, it does look too fluffy when its down even if buns have quiet alot of weight to them. I was always wonderring how much it actually is. I would guess not more than 300gr in the end, dunno. Has anyone of you actually weighed it?

busy beegan ~ ( , ) ~ Annibelle's Avatar
    Length
    WL/APL/HL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Absolutely not. My hair is fairy thin, though (3" ponytail), but even when it was thicker (close to 4" when I was younger), it was always light and fluffy. I love the way heavy hair looks, but I'm learning to love my dandelion fluff.

Length
    6/42/45
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I only notice the weight of my hair if it's up, so I usually leave it down or in a braid or two.

Idk what to put here ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

My hair is only at BSL (MBL wet) and I can't really wear buns without getting a headache. I know you're supposed to get used to it eventually, but I'd rather not have to get used to anything and just wear braids instead

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/Hip/TBL+
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Not really. My hair is around waist length curly, a couple inches shy of BCL stretched, around 10-11 cm circumference and it doesn't feel heavy, at all. I've also had hair ranging from BSL to waist curly for a decade, so that could contribute to it.. I'm just used to this length and weight.

I will say, if my hair is in a bun that does not support itself well.. it hurts to no end. Assuming a bun is well supported, there is no issue. I oftentimes have to redo a bun 2 or 3 times in order to make it comfortable to prevent that from happening, though.

Yes. Whenever I straighten my hair and put it in a ponytail, I immediately start getting a headache within a few minutes. And there's so many people with hair not as thick as mine that claim to have "heavy hair." I wonder how long they'd last with mine. The struggle is real.

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Not especially, really. It felt so lightweight when I cut it short, but it doesn't feel heavy when long. Maybe I should put it on the kitchen scale, just because It would be nice to know how much it actually wheighs.

BOB * SL * APL * BSL * WAIST *HIP * BCL * CLASSIC? *

Length
    Chin/APL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Yes. My hair is heavy. I had to redo buns all the time because they wouldn't stay in place. Hair pins are too small anf I need tons of them.
    I realized my hair was heavy when my mum cut layers (she didn't cut the length) oh my, what a difference in weight!

My mum has thick hair, but THICK hair. Hairdressers were complaining because her hairwas so coarse and thick, it was difficult to cut. Mum needed 2 packages of hairdye every 3 weeks for her pixie cut.
    She told me she got headaches when she had long hair when she was younger, and she remembered the weight and the heat in summer, it was just too much.

My hair is not thick like hers though
    *Chin length* --> *Shoulder length* --> *Arm pit length* --> *Bra strap length* -->*Waist length* and beyond...