Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever sold you hair?

Length
    21/22/40
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Have you ever sold you hair?

I was trying to find a thread on this, but couldn't. Have any of you ever sold your hair? What was the experience like? I'm thinking of cutting my hair maybe back to BSL this winter or in the spring and then re-growing it, now that I've learned to take better care of my hair with LHC. If I'm going to chop it off, I could use the extra money. Mine is virgin, never dyed or permed or otherwise chemically processed, and heading from hip to tailbone length with partially grown out layers. I'm thinking to cut maybe 12"-15" depending on how long it is at the time I cut it. However, I wouldn't know what price range I should expect, or how to really go about doing it the right way. I know there are websites, but have any of you had good experiences with them?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    ....Lady Sha'abi of the Thousand Golden Coins in the Order of the Long Haired Knights...

Length
    Chin/48.5/54
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Default Re: Have you ever sold you hair?

I've never sold my hair, but I've heard of plenty of people that have done that. I personally don't think it's worth it seeing as it takes a LONG time to grow hair long and people don't pay that much for the hair to make it worth while in my opinion.
    MrsGuther

Length
    21/22/40
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

I'm not planning to cut it just for the money. More like I'm wanting to cut it back and start fresh growing it out again, so I figure I might as well make some money!
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    ....Lady Sha'abi of the Thousand Golden Coins in the Order of the Long Haired Knights...

Length
    21.5/28/34/TB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I've never sold my hair but I sure have bought enough of it to almost be a pro!!! there used to be a great site and for some reason they took it down. It's not a bad thing to sell your hair. I know some people think buying hair is somehow a bad thing. But many many people want a change and would love to get a little extra cash as a bonus. I know there are other situations that are not as pleasant. I know of another site that sells hair also will have to look it up. Basically don't pre cut it. For some reason buyers want to see it on your head. (I personally didn't care) but you can get more money for it that way. I know there are a lot of weird people that frequent the hair cutting sites so yes you do have to be careful. Never ever cut before you get paypal money and there is more I will have to think of it.

Oh Virgin hair is worth more and if it's blond even more. Thickness also of course plays a part in price, texture, length etc..
    No matter how much you hate your hair someone wishes they could have it!

Length
    28"/Waist/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/iii

What are the prices? I know that European sells for more... but all I could figure was that it would only be $100 to $200. I have some in a box from when I cut from waist to pixie. It's over 12", virgin, and thick. I look at if if I forget what color my natural hair is. I had initially been interested in selling it, but thought that I might rather just have it. And then I got less poor and stopped thinking about it. It is an amazing dark-strawberry-blonde copper color, but I never thought the color mattered. Don't they dye it anyway?

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Watching this thread with interest! I know hair extensions are a big thing but I always figured they were synthetic.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Evil, not Bad Moderator (SB) trolleypup's Avatar
    Length
    52"/62"/77" *
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

The market for cut hair has two subsets...the non-f*t*sh people and the f*t*sh crowd. Value for one is weight/quality, value for the other is connection (pictures, before/after, videos, etc.)

My personal experience with wigmakers is that the raw material is relatively cheap, even for wig length hair (over 18"). I'll note that I have donated snips of trashed ends to the makeup department when they needed to do temporary scraggly facial hair (stick hair to glue, remove at end of performance).

Length
    21/22/40
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

My hair is thick, but half European, half Asian. Although it does have Asian strength with European softness. Don't know if that matters... And it's very dark brown, so I don't have the color going for me. Even $200 would be nice, but I don't want to undersell if I could get more. I just don't know what prices really are. I checked one site and they seemed to be all over the map.

Length
    21/22/40
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

Oh, and my hair is relatively thick, between ii and iii. People often comment on how thick my pigtail braids are. Maybe I can sell them separately and make more money! =)

Length
    28"/Waist/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaDancer View Post
    Oh, and my hair is relatively thick, between ii and iii. People often comment on how thick my pigtail braids are. Maybe I can sell them separately and make more money! =)
    I was thinking the same thing. my hair is easily twice as thick as what a lotta people have, so why not sell it in two batches?