Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you ever sold you hair?

Length
    21/22/40
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Have you ever sold you hair?

Quote Originally Posted by KwaveT View Post
    There is no way that I would chop that much hair if I had it unless it was extremely damaged. It would take too long to regrow. If that is what you was wanting to do anyway then it certainly doesn't hurt to make a little money while at it.
    Mine's in good condition, but it grows pretty quickly. I grew from BSL to my current length in a year and a half with two small haircuts in between. I'm not looking to go longer than tailbone, and maintaining it with trims would be too much of a bother. I'd rather chop it and grow it over again. Plus I miss doing wet set curls. It takes too long to dry at this length, or not at all, unless I only curl it half-way up.

Quote Originally Posted by julierockhead View Post
    If after you research prices you aren't going to get that much for it, why not make yourself some hair rats? There is an article about making a donut for buns in the Articles section, or you could make a traditional rat to insert into updos.
    That's actually a good idea! I think if I can't make at least $200, this is what I'll do with it.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    ....Lady Sha'abi of the Thousand Golden Coins in the Order of the Long Haired Knights...

Length
    21.5/28/34/TB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rybe View Post
    This made me giggle my friend and I were just discussing hair selling and she apparently had an aunt with knee length hair who sold it to pay off her car! Apparently she got about $1000 for it. Didn't go into the specifics of how short/what color other than that it was virgin never heat treated etc. But yeah, I'm sure her case is a little unusual. It certainly isn't going to buy you a car! Also, a note, I believe she cut her hair because she was ready to make it shorter, not just for the car thing...

haha so cute that made me giggle! I have seen some hair go for a lot of money!!! I'm not saying it can't obviously the longer the hair the more money you get. anything over the 20" can get pretty good money and knee length hair cut short can actually bring a fortune, basically the rarer the length the more money it's worth. It's honestly all on how you market your hair. Good pictures make a huge difference as well as having the quality of hair to sell.
    No matter how much you hate your hair someone wishes they could have it!

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Hmm, I think I would have about BSL length hair if I cut 20" off.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Length
    21/22/40
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

Ok, I've been thinking about it for months now, and I decided I'm ready to make the cut. I might even go a little shorter than BSL and get lots of layers. I miss having layers, even though they do annoy me sometimes. But I'm ready for a change! I just have to find a day in the next week or so to have my bf take some nice photos of my hair so I can see what I can get for it. I'll keep you guys updated if I sell it or just end up keeping it for rats.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    ....Lady Sha'abi of the Thousand Golden Coins in the Order of the Long Haired Knights...

Length
    shldr/clssc/tb
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Bumping this thread. I can't believe I actually managed to find a thread on this topic. I am very seriously considering cutting my hair. I'm currently at somewhere between tailbone and classic, and I might go as high as midback or higher. I've looked at a couple websites for selling hair, but it seems so... unregulated? How do I honestly describe my hair? What if they get it and complain there's too many split ends?

Is there anyone with advice, or has done this?

Length
    8 in/41/45 +
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

My friend cut off her knee length honey blond hair for 1800 bucks, she gave almost 35 inches (really tall).

we were joking one day about that, I told her I was growing, she told me she wanted to cut it. I told her if she wanted a short cut, try sell it... She went and did it . Her hair was 100% virgin, no damage whatsoever and said they inspected it, priced it. She moved now so I don't know where she did it at ...

Lady Ligeia of the Wandering Oleander in the order of the Long Hair Knights

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I'd never sell my hair. It takes me way too long and too much work put in to grow it for me to cut it for any reason. What others do with their hair is up to them though.

I'm kind of like Amy from Little Women in that respect. "She would've sooner thought about cutting off her head than her pretty curls." lol

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

Length
    ///Tlb/knees
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Alaytheia View Post
    Bumping this thread. I can't believe I actually managed to find a thread on this topic. I am very seriously considering cutting my hair. I'm currently at somewhere between tailbone and classic, and I might go as high as midback or higher. I've looked at a couple websites for selling hair, but it seems so... unregulated? How do I honestly describe my hair? What if they get it and complain there's too many split ends?

Is there anyone with advice, or has done this?
    You cannot do wrong if you're being honest. Show a photo of your hair; circumference; if it's f/m/c; if it's been coloured or had heat on it, what your hair routine is, diet etc. Anything really a potential buyer would be interested in knowing really (as they'll be the ones wearing it after you). I'd also trim the ends/s&d before sending it to the person as well.

Any reason why you're thinking of cutting it? I cannot wait to be your length! Oh, and don't forget the two week rule before doing anything drastic

Length
    22"/30"/Term
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

I've thought about possibly doing this when I reach my terminal length, and then cutting it back to tailbone or classic and selling it... I think it's awesome.
    "Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time, and always start with the person nearest you." -Mother Teresa Buy some of my hand carved hair sticks in my Etsy shop! And be sure to watch my hair in action on my youtube