Thread: Cut my hair, but almost didn't. (pic heavy)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Post Cut my hair, but almost didn't. (pic heavy)

ETA: although I shared the circumstances behind my almost cancelled appointment, please feel free to just focus on the hair. I want this thread to be enjoyable for everyone, not depressing !

I had my hair cut this afternoon. I almost cancelled my appointment. Not because I change my mind, but because I had been having an incredibly terrible day. I didn't want to cut it while in the worst mood ever - but I didn't want to cancel on my stylist, it would really mess up her schedule. So, I decided to use the opportunity as a distraction and just try to calm down -not the easiest with scissors next to your head ! Thankfully she is wonderful and pampered me, massaged my head, let me vent, etc.

I really love my cut. She did a great job. Brace yourselves : It was all done with a razor ! I love razor cuts. I decided to not go for the bangs and try it out like this, first. I can always cut bangs later. I did not refresh my roots at all but I am going to before the 21st, which is the date of the wedding I am in.

I will be honest, as much as I love how she cuts my hair, I dislike the stuff she puts in it. It makes my hair feel all slippery and it lies very flat, which is just not how I am used to my hair. Normally I would say no, but I was totally not thinking. Easy fix, it washes out, so no harm done.

I was going to curl it differently so it flips out like the pic I shared in the other thread, so you all could see how close it is to that cut, but I just don't have the energy. My cousin took his own life early Sunday morning and I just feel......wiped out. Beyond emotionally wiped out.

I know it might seem weird to be posting about my hair when my family just suffered a tragedy, but I think that is part of the reason I am. I just need something normal and LHC is normal for me. It's not that I am vain or I think my hair is important right now, but, it's one of the few things that I can distract myself with. So, here's some pics :

Last edited by UltraBella; October 3rd, 2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Added ETA