Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cut my hair, but almost didn't. (pic heavy)

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Post Cut my hair, but almost didn't. (pic heavy)

ETA: although I shared the circumstances behind my almost cancelled appointment, please feel free to just focus on the hair. I want this thread to be enjoyable for everyone, not depressing !

I had my hair cut this afternoon. I almost cancelled my appointment. Not because I change my mind, but because I had been having an incredibly terrible day. I didn't want to cut it while in the worst mood ever - but I didn't want to cancel on my stylist, it would really mess up her schedule. So, I decided to use the opportunity as a distraction and just try to calm down -not the easiest with scissors next to your head ! Thankfully she is wonderful and pampered me, massaged my head, let me vent, etc.

I really love my cut. She did a great job. Brace yourselves : It was all done with a razor ! I love razor cuts. I decided to not go for the bangs and try it out like this, first. I can always cut bangs later. I did not refresh my roots at all but I am going to before the 21st, which is the date of the wedding I am in.

I will be honest, as much as I love how she cuts my hair, I dislike the stuff she puts in it. It makes my hair feel all slippery and it lies very flat, which is just not how I am used to my hair. Normally I would say no, but I was totally not thinking. Easy fix, it washes out, so no harm done.

I was going to curl it differently so it flips out like the pic I shared in the other thread, so you all could see how close it is to that cut, but I just don't have the energy. My cousin took his own life early Sunday morning and I just feel......wiped out. Beyond emotionally wiped out.

I know it might seem weird to be posting about my hair when my family just suffered a tragedy, but I think that is part of the reason I am. I just need something normal and LHC is normal for me. It's not that I am vain or I think my hair is important right now, but, it's one of the few things that I can distract myself with. So, here's some pics :

Last edited by UltraBella; October 3rd, 2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Added ETA

Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Cut my hair, but almost didn't. (pic heavy)

looks great!

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I love it. The cut looks beautiful on you! Sorry for your bad day and for your family. Hope it gets better!

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

UltraBella- I am so sorry to hear about your loss, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

I must say, layers work really well for you, and this cut is full of them, it looks amazing on you and frames your face perfectly! I think you made a great decision to stick with your appointment and go. Not only did you end up with great hair, but you were able to deal with all the emotional stress you are going through in a totally positive way, and I praise you for that. I hope all goes well, and that your cousin's name will never be forgotten. Rest in peace.

APL+//BSL//MBL//Waist

Length
    Pixie/SL+/MBL
    Type
    4a/F/ii

Beautiful cut! I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Next goal: APL!

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I am so deeply sorry for your loss! I also had a cousin who took his own life, so I can understand your immense heart attack. My best wishes go out to you and your family in this time.

But your hair, my dear, is beaaauuutiiffuuulllll! I wish MY hair would look half as nice as that Do you curl it to get it to look like that? If not, that's amazing! And even if you do, it's still amazing! My hair always looks like a tangled mess by the end of the day when I curl

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by hellopanpan View Post
    I am so deeply sorry for your loss! I also had a cousin who took his own life, so I can understand your immense heart attack. My best wishes go out to you and your family in this time.

But your hair, my dear, is beaaauuutiiffuuulllll! I wish MY hair would look half as nice as that Do you curl it to get it to look like that? If not, that's amazing! And even if you do, it's still amazing! My hair always looks like a tangled mess by the end of the day when I curl
    It was curled at the salon. I normally wear it curled, but by either a bun slept in overnight or my Caruso Mollecular Hairsetter. It's my very favorite. My natural texture is wavy/wurly/frizz.

ETA : here is one more pic, it shows the length of my shortest layers well.

Last edited by UltraBella; October 3rd, 2011 at 10:22 PM.

Length
    12/30 MB/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/ii/iii

Your cut looks super. Sorry about your loss. No time is good time for family death. Toughest timing for death in my family was having to bury my grandfather on Christmas Eve, the day before his birthday.

I'm so sorry for your loss. That's beyond horrible. It's good that you kept the appointment as it serves as a positive distraction and even better that you didn't do a drastic change. Your hair looks amazing- you're lucky to have such a fantastic stylist.

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

By the way, my daughter says my camera is awful and that my hair color looks like the pic from the back IRL. Almost blonde. She is insisting that the other pics are misleading. Since she is 15 - she knows everything - so it must be true