Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! I need a new hairstyle!!

Default HELP! I need a new hairstyle!!

Things have been bad lately and I feel like I want some changes in my life...particularly something good that I won't feel bad about. I'm not the best in managing my hair and I'm no expert...so I thought about reaching out to this community.
    As seen in the image below, I have dark brown hair reaching the top of my breasts. I'm fair-skinned and I have a round face (or so I think). (Yes, I'm ugly as hell.) Would appreciate it if any of you guys would try to suggest something new (could be hair length, colour or style) for me to try out this summer. Thanks!!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: HELP! I need a new hairstyle!!

This is kind of odd to want haircutting advice on a board that is dedicated towards growing out hair.

I'd grow it out some more. Who knows you might like it longer. And there's so many styles you can do with longer hair (braids, buns, fun hairdos as you can see in tons of YT videos by torrinpaige or ladollyvita33).

Have you thought about just growing it longer?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

lapushka I don't see what's odd about it. Here we have people who maintain short, people who dye, people who experiment with cuts and whatnot. It's an active site, one of the first ones that pop up, easy to use, she probably figured why not give it a shot?

Anyways... since you're asking for styling advice/help, that's what my answer should be based on.
    Now, first you should give a bit more info as in how short or long you actually want it, how your hair behaves and how coarse or fine it is (in my opinion, bangs look better with coarser hair, and would be easier to style if your hair is naturally straight, just to give you an example), if you can or want to dye or experiment with semi permanent ones, etc.
    Also what you like to wear (i.e. maybe something cute vs something edgy like a side cut), if you practice any sports or activities we should take into account, etc.
    Don't you know this tale
    In which all I ever wanted
    I'll never have?

Well, yeah. My main goal was to grow it for at least another year or two but I feel like I needed some change...y'know.

But yeah, maybe I should wait and try to make it longer.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMoon View Post
    lapushka I don't see what's odd about it. Here we have people who maintain short, people who dye, people who experiment with cuts and whatnot. It's an active site, one of the first ones that pop up, easy to use, she probably figured why not give it a shot?

Anyways... since you're asking for styling advice/help, that's what my answer should be based on.
    Now, first you should give a bit more info as in how short or long you actually want it, how your hair behaves and how coarse or fine it is (in my opinion, bangs look better with coarser hair, and would be easier to style if your hair is naturally straight, just to give you an example), if you can or want to dye or experiment with semi permanent ones, etc.
    Also what you like to wear (i.e. maybe something cute vs something edgy like a side cut), if you practice any sports or activities we should take into account, etc.

Well, uh, thank you
    First of all, I have no idea whether I should cut it long or short, tbh. It might depend on what hair style would fit me, which...I don't know either. I have a finer type of hair (tying my hair reveals hairlines too quickly), usually a bit wavy. I'd want to dye my hair, but I have no idea which colour would suit me (I don't wanna look like a clown!!!! AHHH), though I'd prefer a light brown colour. Also, I don't have a particular style but I think I lean more on casuals. And yeah, I don't do sports anymore.

Your hair reminds me of a classmate I had once in 5th grade. She had the exact same thing.

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Part it on the side and do a faux undercut using one or two french/dutch braids or twists. Maybe a couple face framing layers? Your hair is short enough that they wouldn't take a long time to grow out if you dislike them.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pizzadev0urer View Post
    Well, uh, thank you
    First of all, I have no idea whether I should cut it long or short, tbh. It might depend on what hair style would fit me, which...I don't know either. I have a finer type of hair (tying my hair reveals hairlines too quickly), usually a bit wavy. I'd want to dye my hair, but I have no idea which colour would suit me (I don't wanna look like a clown!!!! AHHH), though I'd prefer a light brown colour. Also, I don't have a particular style but I think I lean more on casuals. And yeah, I don't do sports anymore.

Your hair reminds me of a classmate I had once in 5th grade. She had the exact same thing.
    Hehe I laughed at "the exact same thing". Cool
    Hmm well, if it's on he finer and wavier side and you want a change that's not so dramatic in case you decide to grow it long any time soon I'd go with long layers, with the shorter pieces framing your head, so that you could always leave those out of updos when wanted, or just make em more interesting.
    Something like this:
    http://mac.h-cdn.co/assets/15/05/980...alfdown-12.jpg

or this:
    http://www.styleshairs.com/upload/up...red-hair-4.jpg

and this:
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...fbe3ec4c40.jpg

If you choose to dye, I'd recommend a colour close to your natural, because a lot of bleach will damage it and you'd have to dye your roots, cut off the damaged ends every now and then, etc.
    If I were you I'd rather go with a non permanent dye, in a colour that would show up in dark brown, such as blue or red, and just give it a slight shine. You wouldnt risk "looking like a clown", and it would wash out eventually.
    Last edited by Anje; December 22nd, 2016 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Please don't hotlink copyrighted photos. -mod
    Don't you know this tale
    In which all I ever wanted
    I'll never have?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMoon View Post
    Just seemed a little strange to me, that's all.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/WL/Clsc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

You can always experiment with fun colors using non-permanent dye like Manic Panic.
    ◊∞◊ lady seren, charter of the stars in the order of the long haired knights ◊∞◊
    CL - SL - APL- BSL - MBL- WL - HL - TBL
    last box dye: 10/2015 || last cut: 04/2016 || last henndigo: 08/2016 || last henna: 07/2017

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

So many options! It really depends on what you want for your own hair. If you have had a length goal in mind for a long time, I think you should reach that length before you make a change. Not reaching a goal kind of leaves a hole in your overall life, know what I mean? I think that's what we most regret - giving up on a goal.