Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an LHC-er if...

Length
    17"/32"/42"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: You know you're an LHC-er if...

.... When watching a friend or a stranger brush their hair, you wince every time you hear hairs snapping one after another, because it causes actual, if just slight, pain in your ears and heart.

When you roll your eyes as someone says, "Your hair is NOT clean unless you shampoo and condition every day! GUH," because you know that after being in LHC for long enough, that is far from the truth for most people.

When you find yourself rambling to someone about your new hair routine, not thinking until later that you might've came off strange and kind of gross talking about not having used any products, including shampoo and conditioner, for almost two weeks. Huh... OH WELL

When you're patiently explaining to someone that dying their hair regularly with industry strength hair dye isn't actually solving their oily scalp issue but making it worse, though give up when they act like you know nothing, even though they've actually know nothing beyond what they've been doing to their hair themselves. *sigh*

When you get annoyed after someone tells you to cut your hair and donate it, even more so when they try and tell you you're only being selfish. However, feeling some satisfaction when they go quiet after you tell them what kind of hair CAN be used for wigs, and that you wouldn't be a good candidate for donation anyway. BWAHAHA

When you realize you have only one bottle of shampoo that hasn't been touched for months yet have gone through a family sized bottle of conditioner in a month, and still have three more hiding under your sink.

When you find yourself actually knowing how to adapt a basic hair routine to someone's hair type, lifestyle, and hair product choices!

When you DO actually find yourself quietly examining the girl's waist-length hair next to you and notice that even though it was pretty from afar, it's actually riddled with split ends. And thus, you are tempted to kindly suggest she could do with a trim, but afraid you might offend her. lol

When you suggest to someone that they try CO washing, only to have them give you this look: o______o Ugh, you mean wash my hair with just conditioner? Conditioner can't wash your hair!

...and I thought this generation was meant to be ACCEPTING and TOLERANT of different ways of living. Selectively, I guess.

ANYWAY

When someone compliments your hair and asks how you got it to be so nice, then hesitate in telling them. LOL

When you tell someone that they can probably get rid of their oiliness by stretching out their washes, and when they freak out about having oily hair, you are unnerved by it.

When you find a YT video that shows "Different ways to wash you hair (even though a lot of those ways are sketchy and damaging)," then read the comments which are littered with people raging mindlessly about how only shampooing is going to clean hair, and in response you revolt by putting up a kind comment about how you are WO and your hair is clean and has never been happier. lol

When you're on the bus, you don't flip out when the girl in front of you accidentally flips their hair onto your book, and just push the hair away.

When you watch a YT hair tutorial and the girl brushing her hair says, "*le sigh* I know, my hair is soooo long, you guys *rips through just-part-shoulders hair with plastic brush*," and all you can do is gape in horror.
    { Conditioner Only }
    Suave Professionals Rosemary & Mint—Mineral Oil & Olive Oil—BBB—Hair Sense five-tooth comb & BBB

Type
    3c/4a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MasCat View Post
    When you make a bowl of avocado salad and propose toshare with your SO and he says
    "I thought it was for your hair" XD
    LOL! My dbf does this ALL the time! He doesn't want to use the olive oil to cook because "it might be for your hair" and every time I make a smoothie and offer him some he asks if it will make his hair grow too!

...you are able to answer questions about hair toys and hair tools while still half asleep.
    ~Carrie Ingalls
    Most recent trim 5-11-2013, 8" (back to mid calf), pictures updated 10-10-2011. My sis Grace Ingalls trimmed 11.25" (her first ever haircut) to ankle at the end of March 2012.

Northern California, where the palm tree meets the pine
    Length
    27/34/38
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

...When a) you are the person your brother-in-law consults first for advice on what to do about his worsening dandruff, and b) your advice works.

...When you are browsing at Sally, and the only other person in the store is explaining to the sales clerk about all the products she wants to try and specific hair issues she has, and after about 10 minutes she's at the register and you literally, physically cannot stop yourself from going up her and saying "I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but couldn't help overhearing. There's this website called LHC, and it's your new best friend." Both the customer and the clerk noted it! That was the first time I've ever pimped us like that.

Once and Future Long-Hair XcaliburGirl's Avatar
    Length
    23/27.5/CL 44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

You know someone with a last name that ends in "cone" and you have a vague feeling of apprehension whenever you read it.
    I want to finally get back to Classic. Growing again starting March 2018.

Length
    11,8/27,2/34
    Type
    1c/M/ii

When you spend your evenik with your hair soaked in coconutmilk and wrapped in plastic.. My cat was drinking some of the coconut milk left in the can (crazy cat) and got it in his fur. My first thought was "Maybe it will be god for his fur"..

Type
    2a/M/iii

if you read the ingredients on a free sample of a shampoo given to you in the bookstore... in front of everyone looking like a weirdo o_O hahaha
    "Her hair went streaming out from her, till it spread like a mist over the stars. She flung herself abroad in space." Follow my hairy tale on tumblr!

Type
    2a/M/iii

If you buy a band tee only to realize your hair covers all of the tour dates on the back with inches to spare...

If this legitimately encourages you to put your hair in a bun for the day!
    "Her hair went streaming out from her, till it spread like a mist over the stars. She flung herself abroad in space." Follow my hairy tale on tumblr!

Length
    17.5"/36"/37"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

when any herb, oil or tea that crosses your path makes you wonder what it might do for your hair
    2015: 7" growth~~~2016: 5" growth
    Jan. 1, 2017: 36"
    hoping for virgin tailbone Summer, 2017

Length
    16.5/22/26
    Type
    3a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by caadam View Post
    .... When watching a friend or a stranger brush their hair, you wince every time you hear hairs snapping one after another, because it causes actual, if just slight, pain in your ears and heart.

When you roll your eyes as someone says, "Your hair is NOT clean unless you shampoo and condition every day! GUH," because you know that after being in LHC for long enough, that is far from the truth for most people.

When you find yourself rambling to someone about your new hair routine, not thinking until later that you might've came off strange and kind of gross talking about not having used any products, including shampoo and conditioner, for almost two weeks. Huh... OH WELL

When you're patiently explaining to someone that dying their hair regularly with industry strength hair dye isn't actually solving their oily scalp issue but making it worse, though give up when they act like you know nothing, even though they've actually know nothing beyond what they've been doing to their hair themselves. *sigh*

When you get annoyed after someone tells you to cut your hair and donate it, even more so when they try and tell you you're only being selfish. However, feeling some satisfaction when they go quiet after you tell them what kind of hair CAN be used for wigs, and that you wouldn't be a good candidate for donation anyway. BWAHAHA

When you realize you have only one bottle of shampoo that hasn't been touched for months yet have gone through a family sized bottle of conditioner in a month, and still have three more hiding under your sink.

When you find yourself actually knowing how to adapt a basic hair routine to someone's hair type, lifestyle, and hair product choices!

When you DO actually find yourself quietly examining the girl's waist-length hair next to you and notice that even though it was pretty from afar, it's actually riddled with split ends. And thus, you are tempted to kindly suggest she could do with a trim, but afraid you might offend her. lol

When you suggest to someone that they try CO washing, only to have them give you this look: o______o Ugh, you mean wash my hair with just conditioner? Conditioner can't wash your hair!

...and I thought this generation was meant to be ACCEPTING and TOLERANT of different ways of living. Selectively, I guess.

ANYWAY

When someone compliments your hair and asks how you got it to be so nice, then hesitate in telling them. LOL

When you tell someone that they can probably get rid of their oiliness by stretching out their washes, and when they freak out about having oily hair, you are unnerved by it.

When you find a YT video that shows "Different ways to wash you hair (even though a lot of those ways are sketchy and damaging)," then read the comments which are littered with people raging mindlessly about how only shampooing is going to clean hair, and in response you revolt by putting up a kind comment about how you are WO and your hair is clean and has never been happier. lol

When you're on the bus, you don't flip out when the girl in front of you accidentally flips their hair onto your book, and just push the hair away.

When you watch a YT hair tutorial and the girl brushing her hair says, "*le sigh* I know, my hair is soooo long, you guys *rips through just-part-shoulders hair with plastic brush*," and all you can do is gape in horror.
    hahah I think this was more of a vent lol really funny though and true

Mine:

When you co-worker tries to "tell you like it is" by "knowing a lot about hair growth" even though she's never been on LHC or studied intensely for a year like I have and says, "to grow your hair long you should trim it every 6 weeks" and what is a "trim" 1/2 an inch, IDIOT you just cut of basically what you grew, doing that, you get 1 1/2 of length added to you at the end of the year at 1/2 an inch of growth per month... stupid... Trimming is important but not a salon trim every 6 weeks. Doing 2-3 1/4" or 1-2 1/2" trims yourself a year is what should be done to get good growth and to prevent damage.

You Know You are a LHC when... you talk to people all the time about hair and how you can get it really long.

You Know You are a LHC when... putting oil for healing horse wounds in your hair is normal, or catnip, or vinegar.

You Know You are a LHC when... Washing, cleaning and clarifying are three different things

You Know You are a LHC when... You know that most of the hair/cosmetic companies are full of lies.

You Know You are a LHC when... eating spoonfuls of powdered fossil shells (DE), peanut butter, molasses, and fish oil on a daily basis is a normal thing