Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an LHC-er if...

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: You know you're an LHC-er if...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosethorn View Post
    If you watched that movie Tangled and were upset for weeks afterwards because her hair got chopped off.
    I was kinda bitter over that myself.....

Anyway, I thought of one while I was contemplating my wardrobe for tomorrow:

When you think about how you'll wear your hair first, and then think of a coordinating outfit, not the other way around.

Also, like tonight for me..... When you are willing to put diluted cooter cream on your head to make your hair grow faster!

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

I should know this. Probably. No, definitely.
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

When you're at the computer checking on this thread with your hair full of oil and shea butter because tonight is wash night. Back to Tangled- what?! he couldn't have cut it at waist, or knee, or apl? It HAD to be short?

Length
    Pixie/TBL/Fins
    Type
    2b/M/iii

When you sneak onto the LHC during a research class via laptop computer. *innocent whistle*

Length
    Pixie/TBL/Fins
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Rosethorn View Post
    When you're at the computer checking on this thread with your hair full of oil and shea butter because tonight is wash night. Back to Tangled- what?! he couldn't have cut it at waist, or knee, or apl? It HAD to be short?
    You know you are and LHCer when you go over in your mind the reason why in Tangled that her hair that was cut as a baby stayed short rather than accept a "It didnt grow anymore" theory that is tossed around.

[hijack]
    My take:
    1) [Practical] Disney did not want to animate a long random strand of brown hair among the golden locks because it would have been too difficult and would have made it seem "dirty" or "flawed" in some way.

2) [Storyline] Mother Gothel told Rapunzel it was from a time in her life when people tried to cut her hair and use it for their own gain and thus the dark streak could have been traumatic for Rapunzel to see as a constant reminder and she kept it cut and out of her sight or Mother Gothel herself trimmed it.

Anywho, my Rapunzel fan-art shows her with brown hair as if it were a few years after the Alice Cullen cut of shame, or blonde as if they cut never happened. [/hijack]

Length
    25/BSL/TB?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

LittleOrca, I thought about that too! I kinda thought that maybe the brown hair grew at a normal rate and wasn't super strong like the magical golden hair, so Rapunzel never learned how to care for it properly and cut off all the damage.

I hope that now her hair is all normal, she'll learn how to care for her new hair type and grow out that haircut. I'll guess we'll find out in the sequel.

I suspect a few longhairs at my school and I get so super excited. I don't really know if they are LHCers but they always wear their hair up and from the bun I can tell it's probably really long and I always wonder exactly how long it is. One girl wears her hair in a neat cinnamon bun that she clips the top part into a tails up and she still has lots of hair left over that forms a mini ponytail over the cinnamon bun. Also her hair is really thick, shiny, and healthy. I always stare at her head... haha I sound so creepy!

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

You have a list of movies you watch as hair inspiration. Mine includes a lot of Amanda Seyfried movies, Bollywood movies (Johda Akbars hair was knee length!), period, and fantasy movies. Also "The Virgin Spring".
    APL~BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Length
    Pixie/SL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

When your friend calls you creepy after asking her if she's used the new shampoo and conditioner you suggested for her.

(she knows I come here and that hair has become my hobby)

Pixie::Shoulder::APL

Once and Future Long-Hair XcaliburGirl's Avatar
    Length
    23/27.5/CL 44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

When you see a news article titled "US growth quickens" and your first thought is "Hmm, I wonder if the U.S. has been using Monistat or Castor Oil."
    I want to finally get back to Classic. Growing again starting March 2018.

Length
    87cm/90cm/Term
    Type
    1a/M/C/ii/iii

... when you're now able to ask your friend "is that henna on your hair" ?
    In a "wear up" challenge since January 10th 2012.
    Lady Maersinia of Olde Gaul, Scribe Of Worthy Evynts, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights