Thread: Dark henna over red henna??

Length
    15,7/20,5/27,6
    Type
    1a/M/i

Default Dark henna over red henna??

I did henna my hair about a month ago.with Burgundy hair dye from henna hut.the color is to red for me...Now I want my hair brown again. Or at least toned down much darker..I did have some brown henna from lush I used, it came out much better, but that color just washes out.with alot of red from the burgundy henna..
    What can I use insted?? that wouldn't just wash out again.. ?? chemical dye?? darker henna??

Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Dark henna over red henna??

Not darker henna, necessarily; if anything, you should mix it up yourself instead of buying something premade to try to darken it. Look up some recipies that are a mix of henna and indigo, maybe? Indigo darkens the hair, so you can achieve a nice brown shade by mixing a little of it in with your henna. Straight-up indigo would just be black, I believe, so it needs to be mixed with henna to create brown.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

That's the same problem I had. I ended up with maroon hair with henna, after a while. I tried to et it darker with Lush Brown, and it washed out. I tried brown henna from other places on the net, and it washed out. I tried mixing up my own henna and indigo to get brown and it washed out. I tried dying over it with herbal dye, and that is also now washing out.

IT SUCKS.

Message me if you discover anything that works.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Type
    2a/F/ii

Indigo does not always stick to hair and even when it does, it can take several applications to get that stage. However, indigo is your best option for this, but there are others such as: Buxus dioica (katam) and amla. For more information on how to color your hair naturally and how to get your desired shade you can go here: Expressions with Henna- Coloring Hair Naturally and henna recipes (scroll down for even more recipes on this link).

Hope that helps, good luck!

Length
    15,7/20,5/27,6
    Type
    1a/M/i

Thanks for all the advice
    I found out that I did not bother to try more color now. It seems like you been trying all there is.. so I decided to cut it, and I did, yesterday actually ... The plan then is to keep it "short" until I've gotten out all the color, and instead focus on caring for my hair properly inside and outside ..