Thread: Hair growth progress pictures!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    APL/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default Hair growth progress pictures!

Hey all! I joined this forum in August, but I have been trying to track the growth of my hair since earlier in the summer. The first picture is middle of June. Oh and the pictures are clickable for a bigger view!

the second picture is from today! I didn't realize it, but I have definitely had some growth. My hair is thick, but my ends are getting thin I know - I have so many layers from a previous hair cut. The shortest layers are barely shoulder and the longest are just hitting waist. I had a trim last January and I'm trying to make it until January 2012 to get another one and even things back out. Hopefully my ends will be at a solid waist by Christmas before I trim them back a smidge Anyway, this is my hair today, at its most natural. I had washed it for the first time in almost a week with a SLS shampoo and a coney conditioner and then let it air dry completely with no products.

Also, I have my hair typed as a 3a, but after seeing some of the other 3a's here, I'm not so sure. Opinions are appreciated And thank you guys for all of the great advice! Since I've joined here I've stopped coloring my hair, stopped with the hot tools, and have started using coconut oil. I'm not sure if you can tell by the second picture, but I have a bit of fuzz (new growth ) around the top of my head! I can tell a huge difference in my hair since I put down all the chemicals and hot things, so thank you all!!!
    Last edited by pes3108; September 30th, 2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: typos and i forgot to put some info

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Hair growth progress pictures!

Impressive growth. Good for you! You're definitely gaining thickness.

Length
    APL/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

thank you so much C.H.!

Length
    BSL?/BSL/hip!
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Our hair is very similar (sorry I don't have any pictures). Do you find that it's easy to comb out your hair into waves, or during a certain day in your routine it curls more/less? I typed myself at 2c/3a just because my hair can turn more wavy (instead of being super curly) when I haven't washed for a bit.

And gorgeous progress!

Length
    ears/34"/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Wow! Lovely hair and lots of growth!

Length
    APL/Hip/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Wow! Are you doing anything for the growth? Your hair has definitely gotten longer! Congratulations!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I do see a little growth but your head position is different in the first photo its more dipped so it makes your hair look shorter.

Really beautiful colour and curls though!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    chin/APL/MBL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Your hair looks amazing. I'd say you are more of a 2c/3a, because, I think the top of your hair is wavy rather than curly...It looks alot like mine. My hair, when brushed out, turns into long, soft waves with a few ringlets on the ends...

Length
    APL/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I do see a little growth but your head position is different in the first photo its more dipped so it makes your hair look shorter.

Really beautiful colour and curls though!
    Thank you! I'm not sure if my head was dipped or not in the first picture. I had taken a picture right before that and found that I was leaning my head back so I stood as straight as possible. I think what it could've been was that I had put it in a damp bun for almost the whole day and that made it more "springy" than when I just let it air dry naturally.

Length
    chin/APL/BSL

Your hair is beautiful!I love the wurls, the colour and the shine.