Thread: Native American hair

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Knee/Thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Default Native American hair

While browsing through my old books today, I found a couple of pictures depicting Native American women with gorgeous long, thick hair, so I had to scan them and post them here .
    I've always loved how very black and thick Native American hair usually is, and I also like the fact that men usually wear their hair long too.

These are the pics:

Look at that long, thick raven hair! Isn't it absolutely gorgeous?

And these braids are SO thick!

Do you like Native American hair too? Any other pics you'd like to share? And, of course, Native American LHC fellows - you are very welcome to talk about your hair and hair-routine here, if you wish! I'm in a 'hair-envy' mood .

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3b/F/ii

Default Re: Native American hair

I love Native American hair! My friend's daughter is half-Swedish and half Native-American. She has jet-black thick hair, and she's a long hair! Right now, it's at classic (on a 7 year old). She's very lucky to have inherited such gorgeous hair. She's also super pale like her father so it is a striking combination.

Whenever my friends and I go out to the reservations, I'm always so jealous of the hair I see. Even older men have thick long braids. It's beautiful.

Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL-Waist?-Hip-Tailbone--GOALOn to classic?

Length
    sldr/apl+/hip
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I'm Native American. I've always liked the thickness of my hair. Somehow it works well in buns and updo's. But the *straightness* can be really hard to deal with. It's so smooth and sleek that it just slips out of braids, clips, buns, etc. Lot's of products and the hair dryer are my very best friends :-)

Length
    BSL/WL!/knee+
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I'm 1/4 Native American, of the Black Foot tribe. Alas, I've never really been in touch with that part of me because I don't really know the grandpa that gave me those genes. He is my dad's dad, and my dad was raised by his French mother and didn't meet my grandpa till he was 18, so we don't really know much about our tribe.

I'm feeling pretty good about my hair, now that I see it's part THAT.

Length
    34"/45"/IDK
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

My great-grandmother on my mom's side was Lenape Indian. I inherited her high cheek bones, but not her gorgeous hair. In fact my dad was the one who had thick black hair and my mom's was thin and brown. I have always admired many things about Native Americans and their hair is definately one of them.

March 2014 - Almost to fingertip

::Slice of Sunshine Pie:: adiapalic's Avatar
    Length
    33.5"/48"/?
    Type
    2a/M/ii

American Indian and Asian hair are similar-- I love the way their hair looks. Jet black, and typically sleek and thick with a coarse texture. Lovely.
    Lady Siduri, Keeper of the Ever-Blooming Garden in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    pixie/Hip/clsc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lostsoule77 View Post
    My great-grandmother on my mom's side was Lenape Indian. I inherited her high cheek bones, but not her gorgeous hair. In fact my dad was the one who had thick black hair and my mom's was thin and brown. I have always admired many things about Native Americans and their hair is definately one of them.
    Similar story for my family, but add another great and flip family sides. At this point there's not a whole lot of evidence of it except slightly high cheekbones, though in pictures of my grandfather its more obvious. I've always vaguely wonder if my grandfather's hair never going grey is related. I had lots of books about Native Americans when I was growing up and I always envied their hair.
    BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~BCL~TBL~classic!~???

Length
    16.1/30.31/40
    Type
    1b/F/ii

such pretty pictures! I could not say I like one type of hair more then another.
    but it certainly looks gorgeous!
    I wonder what type of hairtoy's they used to have

(besides the feathers and headbands I see in the pictures of course)
    Last edited by Ishje; September 17th, 2011 at 09:40 AM.
    May 12th 2012, virgin hair back!
    chin, shoulder,apl,bsl,waist, hip,tailbone, classic.
    Hip length expected in January 2016.

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

One of my guy friends is full Cherokee. I love how his thick long wavy hair is thigh length. He is actually my inspiration for me to grow my hair really long like his. After doing research on my family tree for both sides, I'm happy to confirm I'll be able to reach his lengths even though I'm not Native American. Yay for family genes!

Type
    2b/M/iii

Thanks for the beautiful art, SwordWomanRiona.

Here's a link to a wonderful picture by George Catlin of a Crow Indian Chief on horseback:

http://www.chinafineart.com/oilpaint...row_Chief.html

Always loved this one!