Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Native American hair

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Default Re: Native American hair

My mother has the stereotypical (sort of) native american hair (as do the majority of her family), straight, super sleek, almost black hair. Very shiny too, and very coarse, my mom has wires sometimes popping out of her scalp And also, it just slips right out of any updo, it just never stays up. It's funny. It used to be so thick, probably between 5-6 inch diameter? It was really thick.

I used to have hair close to that but my Italian genes kicked in and I got curly hair. It's thick, but I'm still waiting for my hair to grow back after the shed. It's fairly coarse on some hairs, but then I have the few rare finer hairs because of the European genes. I was born like how my dads side is usually born, light skinned, light hair, even some freckles on some family members. But iIdidnt get those. I had straight hair like my mother until the 3rd grade.
    Last edited by gthlvrmx; May 26th, 2015 at 02:35 PM.

Length
    0''/25''/40''
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Oh I so love it too.
    And I love their culture and tribes in general, they have an amazing sensibility for Nature.

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Calf-/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by cheetahfast View Post
    I love Native American hair! My friend's daughter is half-Swedish and half Native-American. She has jet-black thick hair, and she's a long hair! Right now, it's at classic (on a 7 year old). She's very lucky to have inherited such gorgeous hair. She's also super pale like her father so it is a striking combination.
    That sounds gorgeous! I've always loved the pale complexion + raven hair look. Really, really striking.

Length
    Trim/Calf-/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lady_hero View Post
    I'm Native American. I've always liked the thickness of my hair. Somehow it works well in buns and updo's. But the *straightness* can be really hard to deal with. It's so smooth and sleek that it just slips out of braids, clips, buns, etc. Lot's of products and the hair dryer are my very best friends :-)
    I already have the slipping-out-of updos problem with my own smooth and sleek hair - I wouldn't mind about having the added thickness in the deal!

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Quote Originally Posted by Madora View Post
    Thanks for the beautiful art, SwordWomanRiona.

Here's a link to a wonderful picture by George Catlin of a Crow Indian Chief on horseback:

http://www.chinafineart.com/oilpaint...row_Chief.html

Always loved this one!
    Thanks for sharing this picture! It is very inspiring.

Length
    Trim/Calf-/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lostsoule77 View Post
    My great-grandmother on my mom's side was Lenape Indian. I inherited her high cheek bones, but not her gorgeous hair. In fact my dad was the one who had thick black hair and my mom's was thin and brown. I have always admired many things about Native Americans and their hair is definately one of them.
    Oh, yes, I forgot to mention I love their high cheekbones as well! That and the long raven hair makes me think of Tolkien's Elves a lot of times.

Length
    Trim/Calf-/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Here's a link to a wonderful picture by George Catlin of a Crow Indian Chief on horseback:

Always loved this one!

You're welcome, Madora! Thank you too for that link. That chief's long hair's just awesome!!

Length
    SHLDR/MIDBK/TAILB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Always loved this one!

Wow, that picture gave me goosebumps! Very awe-inspiring.

You know... The Native's here are the only ones I ever see with hair long enough to really give a second glance at. I don't know if I have any Native in my heritage, but my husband is 60% Irish and 40% Native. He is part Sioux and Lakota (of the Oglala tribe). He has fairly course hair but it's dark brown with red flicks (most likely from the Irish in him) and he was born dishwater blonde. Even his beard has a lot of red and blonde in it. He also has the very bold high cheek bones that he prides himself with possessing. If you look closely and from different angles you can def. see the Native in him. Now if only he would grow out his hair. (Which I actually asked him and he thought he wouldn't look good, but has dared me, after I offered, to get him a wig to prove otherwise. Muahaha)
    Last edited by AcornMystic; September 17th, 2011 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Spelling

Length
    WL/WL/HIP
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii/iii

Both of my dad's grandmother's were of Native American descent, one for sure was Cherokee.

I inherited one of my great grandmother's hair. Most of my hair...although very super curly....is coarse. The strands are very thick and when I straighten my hair, they almost stab me in the neck lol. No one else alive in my family has hair like mine.

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by arielįgua View Post
    Oh I so love it too.
    And I love their culture and tribes in general, they have an amazing sensibility for Nature.
    Everything you just said!!! <3