Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A possible trimming experiment.

Length
    25"/34.5"/???
    Type
    3a/F/ii

Default Re: A possible trimming experiment.

I do wear my hair up most of the time. Generally in a bun of some sort. I may just go back to the way I uses to be with it and only take it down when absolutely needed.
    Shelly
    25/34.5/?????

Length
    25"/34.5"/???
    Type
    3a/F/ii

Well, here's a couple of post trim pics. I ended up taking about 1.25" to 1.5" off. That's ok though. For not having trimmed since about March, that's pretty good. A little over an inch every 3" of growth, maybe a little more is ok. I'll still be at 39" to 40" by the end of the year and my goal of 46" to 47" by the end of 2012 is still totally possible.
    Shelly
    25/34.5/?????

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

It sounds possible indeed; good luck!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

your ends look thinner when you have your hair straight, your natural hair the ends don't look as thin. I too get this problem and have just cut from nearly hip to just past bsl and feel so much better for this. I understand you not wanting to trim it all in one blow, thats some long hair but id suggest cutting half your monthly growth, this will allow your hair to thicken and still gain. But its kind of princessy in its curly state.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

I grew out a very shot bob and didn't cut the ends for an entire year. It grew and I had no splits (I rarely every get them) but it was so uneven and thin and scraggly I had to cut more than 2" to make it look better. Personally I think small trims and dustings every 2-3 months is better. I trim every 4-6 weeks but it's only a dusting.

Length
    25"/34.5"/???
    Type
    3a/F/ii

I have decided to trim half my growth every 8 weeks. I think that would be the best way for me to do it. Thank you.
    Shelly
    25/34.5/?????