Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I use my hair ties as rubber bands

Length
    26-31/Chin/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default I use my hair ties as rubber bands

Some people may do the opposite, but I never seem to have a 'real' rubber band around, so I'll hold my deck of cards together with a nylon one from my wrist. And the flash cards I have to turn in for school are held by old 'ouchless' ones I don't use anymore. I have so many, and they're always around, unlike rubber bands...

Do any of your hair toys double up and do other jobs?
    (Student) trapeze artist, acrobat, contortionist and more. Check out me and my partner here!

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

I use my hair ties to hold decks of playing cards together, too. And also to seal plastic wrap over small storage containers that have lost their lids. I don't think I use any other hair toys for anything else... but then I don't really have many hair toys at the moment.

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I do the same thing. There are hair ties holding decks of cards, rolled up posters, etc etc. I do wonder if this freaks some people out (since they are used on part of the body). It's just second nature to me.

Type
    1b/F/ii

Seriously, who doesn't? And bobby pins can be used to hold other things together- they make an ok emergency safety pin for example.

This may explain why my hair things always seem to disappear. The same thing happens with pens, but in reverse.

Length
    short/clasc/term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

I use hair ties on plastic bags that need closing when I can't find a chip clip. My hairsticks are actually chopsticks that I stole out of the kitchen, but I tend to keep the same two out instead of washing them and eating with them

1c/2a/F/ii/iii -- trimmed the scraggly ends from knee back to classic.

Length
    ~17"/TBL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I have decks of flashcards held with ouchless bands too! And broken makeup compacts being held together, and bunches of pens, and there is even a plastic thing on the underside of my car that is being held up by a couple of hairbands. (My dad would have a fit if he found out ) When I fixed my car I pulled those hair bands off a bunch of drumsticks. Plastic hair sticks get grabbed and used as stirrers all the time in the bathroom when I'm mixing up conditioning treatments.
    1b/M/ii - 45"

Avatar is La Belle Dame Sans Merci by Waterhouse, 1893 Sig is Psyche et L'Amour by Bouguereau, 1889

Length
    shldr/APL/TB
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

I also use hair ties for rolled up posters and flash cards and I even use them to tie back the sheer curtains in the living room to keep that cats from climbing and shredding them...which they already have...

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Yep, most decks of cards are held with a hair tie around here.
    I use hair ties on plastic bags that need closing when I can't find a chip clip.
    Usually, I use clothespins for that. Though jaw clips do work, I don't like them enough to have many around.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    25/28/36
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I've got a pair of (used) chopsticks that I'm strongly debating retiring to use as hairtoys, but I don't make a point of using hairsticks as chopsticks. Sure, it's well and good to add foods like EVOO to my hair, but thinking of adding residues of my whole dinner is a little unnerving.
    ~Ever-creeping to small-of-the-back length~
    2b/c, M, ii/iii

Length
    14/37/??
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I don't even own any rubber bands. Hair elastics do everything a rubber band could do and they hold your hair!
    I did get odd looks in a Chinese restaurant when I dug in my pocket for a hair elastic to hold the ends of the childrens' chopsticks together though.