Thread: Q: Henna gloss and build-up; more colour or deeper/warmer colour?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    shld/27.5/fairy
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Q: Henna gloss and build-up; more colour or deeper/warmer colour?

I couldn't find an answer in one of the larger threads but if I missed it, please point me toward it.

I just did a henna gloss yesterday, to spice up my natural darkblond/auburn hair. I didn't bother to strandtest, as I have used henna (and indigo) before and kinda knew what to expect.

Now I'm wondering. If I do some more glosses (with only 40gr hennapaste mixed with enough conditioner to put it all on my BSL hair), will I get more colour (instead of more subtle highlights) or will I get a more deeper, warmer colour? More burgundy instead of coppery?

I have some collected hair to strandtest it on, but I think I won't see the difference between a more highlighting effect and full colour on such a small piece of hair.

Does anyone have any experience with henna gloss and buildup ?
    ~ Regrowing & Growing-out Henna ~ Current Length | 25.4" (May 2012)
    shld | apl | bsl | wst | hip | tb | class | ft
    Lady Aibell of the Silent Song Harp in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Q: Henna gloss and build-up; more colour or deeper/warmer colour?

I discovered that I'm getting a richer color, more burgundy, although my henna glosses fade. vThey also tend to get a bit bleached in the sun, but this could be different for you. Henna doesn't build up for everybody.
    If you've only done one glossing yet, I don't think that you'll see a big difference on a strand test. I'd wait and see if the gloss fades. When it starts to, I'd to the next glossing. You'll notice a color change, but since it's only very subtle highlighting it might take a few glossing to build up.
    At true tailbone!

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

My glosses build up. I only gloss as its much gentler to my hair, and though I will have "some" minor fade, over time it builds up. I went from strawberry blonde to rich candy apple red!
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    shld/27.5/fairy
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Hmm, I think I will just try a couple glosses, with just a few washings in between.
    I hope the colour builds to more red than coppery, without getting a full coverage.

My hair has auburn highlights by nature, so henna does blend quite nice after it fades some (well, it did in the past).

I will let you know how it turns out. I did take a picture after the first gloss, but the difference is minimal.
    ~ Regrowing & Growing-out Henna ~ Current Length | 25.4" (May 2012)
    shld | apl | bsl | wst | hip | tb | class | ft
    Lady Aibell of the Silent Song Harp in the Order of the Long Haired Knights