Thread: September 2011 - crown braid

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    1c/F/iii

Default Re: September 2011 - crown braid

Quote Originally Posted by archel View Post
    I'm not long enough for this right now, but even when I had waist length hair I could NEVER figure this one out!
    Are you sure your hair's too short? I ask because you're listed as being at APL, and I'm at APL and can manage it. It's not the neatest, but I think with gel on damp hair it would look fine.
    Friend me to see my pics and blog (60 days' membership+100 posts minimum)
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Type
    1a/F/ii

I love the crown braid. I wore a crown braid to work the last two days and got lots of compliments. I do have to say that I do a kind of boho chic version. I start at my right temple, round the back, with a French braid and only adding hair at one side. The result is a a little poof, a little messy and very much cute. I love how comfortable it is and it holds well. I'll try and upload a picture (no picnic for the mobile lhc-er) or post a link to the photo I used as an example.
    Life is so difficult, how can we be anything but kind.

Length
    30.5/~47/term
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

I think I need to watch like 12 different videos before I'll figure it out--that's what I did with the LWB, and somehow it worked. The last one wasn't even very good, but somehow it made things click! So, point me towards some videos, please?

Length
    30.5/~47/term
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

I did it!!! 1 2 3 4

But how do you keep the pins from getting spit back out? The techniques I use on buns (insert them like hair sticks, don't let the bend go below horizontal) don't seem to be helping much.

Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by darklyndsea View Post
    I did it!!! 1 2 3 4

But how do you keep the pins from getting spit back out? The techniques I use on buns (insert them like hair sticks, don't let the bend go below horizontal) don't seem to be helping much.
    Good for you!

I use 3 inch crimped hairpins.

The pin in inserted in the outside edge of the braid then "sewed" in an up and down motion thru the braid. I use about 8 3 inch hairpins to secure my crown braid around my head.

Type
    1c/M/ii

[QUOTE=ingvild;1763846]Peggy E: I section my hair into two pig tail sections with a middle part. I tip my head forward. I start at the nape of my neck, lace braid half of my hair on the left side of my head. When I have braided that section I tip my head back to normal, thn I turn my grip so I'm braiding "normally" and braid the second section down the right side of my head. If that makes sense...it's kind of what Torrin Paige does in her youtube video, I think. You should check it out! It's very good.

Yes, this helps a lot, in fact! Will try it tonight and see how it turns out.

Thanks for the advice!

Your braid is beautiful and your color rich and shining - lovely.
    The Blog: Skipping Barefoot Down the Rocky Road of Life

Length
    9/waist/long!
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Raponsje View Post
    I love the crown braid. I wore a crown braid to work the last two days and got lots of compliments. I do have to say that I do a kind of boho chic version. I start at my right temple, round the back, with a French braid and only adding hair at one side. The result is a a little poof, a little messy and very much cute. I love how comfortable it is and it holds well. I'll try and upload a picture (no picnic for the mobile lhc-er) or post a link to the photo I used as an example.
    Sounds very interesting! I would love to see a photo. Do you add hair from what side? From the inside or the outer side?

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1a/F/ii

Fethenwen I add from the outer side. I did a search for the example picture, but can't find it. It was something I came across while searching for something completely different and I can't remember the name of the blog where it was posted. I will take a picture tomorrow and try to upload it.

Edit: found it! This is the link to the page. There two pictures of crownbraids, one from the back and one twisted crown from the front. I saw the twisted one and realised it doesn't have to be perfecty round and tried it. http://thebeauty-insiders.blogspot.c...ir-trends.html
    Last edited by Raponsje; September 8th, 2011 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Found the link
    Life is so difficult, how can we be anything but kind.

Length
    37/FTL/58
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I love crown braid's. I don't were them too often though, they are still fun to do.
    There are some pictures that I used in a tutorial for crown braid's:

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
    From hip length January 2011 - > Aiming for knee length January 2015!

Length
    APL/Clsc/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Another crown braid - this one rope braided!

Lady Northern Lights, Keeper of the Gates of Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights