Thread: Rose water

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    EL/BSL/WL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Rose water

I would love to find an excuse to use this in my hair cause it smells so good, do any of you do this and how do you use it, give me your tips, tricks and recipes
    Ear - Chin - *cut out layers* - SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL
    Yarok low poo alternating with BodyShop Rainforest Shine CO - Rosemary/ACV rinse - Coconut oil once a week

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Rose water

I've been using rose water for a while both for skin and hair, smells so good and works so well!
    If you do ACV rinses you could use the rose water with plain water, I also added some honey and it made my hair very soft and shiny!
    You could do a mister of it if you have a spray bottle of some sort, and if you want you can add a little conditioner, oils or whatever works for you.
    I've used it as a base for my homemade conditioners too.
    Rose water is the best!
    Last edited by Mannaz; September 1st, 2011 at 10:17 AM. Reason: typo!

I've been reading up on it off and on, along with a million other things. Been thinking of using it myself to spray on my hair if it gets too dry. I've heard it can help restore pH balance (at least with skin, so not sure if that applies to hair). A few sites also claimed that it can help balance porosity in hair. Not sure if that's true, but might use it as my excuse.

Seen a lot of peeps using it with a preservative and as a spritz/mist. Some seem to put other bits in it, like glycerin or aloe gel. All I know is it's good to look for pure rosewater (also known as hydrosol) and not just rose-scented water/floral water. I guess look for signs of distilled, no alcohol, etc. I might just make some of my own at this rate, though not sure where I'll be getting organically-grown roses.

Length
    15/28/MB/35/HL
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii/iii

I will be watching this thread, as i'm considering purchasing some rosewater. Depending on your hair, maybe you could use it as a final rinse? Or in any teatments/henna or whatever you could perhaps try replacing water with rose water. Just an idea, don't quote me on that!

Length
    EL/BSL/WL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Good ideas, I could make a mister with some aloe gel and rosewater! My hair doesn't need much else... Will it stay ok if I keep it in the fridge?

And to put some in my henna, will definately try that for the smell!

I should indeed look for the pure kind, I saw some in a moroccan shop but will have to check out the ingredients...
    Yarok low poo alternating with BodyShop Rainforest Shine CO - Rosemary/ACV rinse - Coconut oil once a week

I plan to preserve it some how, since it's still water, though not sure with what. You can ask that website, fromnaturewithlove.com (or similar) and see if they have any suggestions. They also sell some, I think.

Length
    EL/BSL/WL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Nice link Megz thanks, now I understand the difference between floral water and hydrosol too..
    And I read that I can use it as a toner for my face too, I started another thread asking about natural skincare so this can be used for both, yay!

No probs! This whole hair kick of mine start from my natural skincare obsession *cough*, which also took me to that site (want to make my own stuff, but nervous about preserving it properly). I'll try to check out your other thread.

Length
    EL/BSL/WL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Length
    EL/BSL/WL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I got myself some of the hydrosol rosewater today, and mixed it with aloe gel in a mister bottle. Can't wait to try it, will let you know how it goes!
    The smell is incredible, yum....