Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rose water

Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Default Re: Rose water

My hair doesn't seem to be a fan, but I use it on my dry eyes. I buy the pure organic stuff online rather than the culinary sort, as that has preservatives in, citric acid etc.

Length
    EL/BSL/WL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by xovictoryxo View Post
    I just bought a mister bottle that has roses printed on it yesterday lol Found it at the dollar store for $1 and I thought was a perfect mister for the rose water! I will make a concoction tonight!!
    I'm jealous, I want a rose mister bottle too hhaha so appropriate!
    Ear - Chin - *cut out layers* - SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL
    Yarok low poo alternating with BodyShop Rainforest Shine CO - Rosemary/ACV rinse - Coconut oil once a week

Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by giuditta View Post
    O that sounds so nice, I will make this! Did you try it already? Do you use it often, before every wash?
    I did try it. It's quite nice. I use it at night (not every night) on dry hair, and it dries fairly quickly. I don't even have to wash the next day. It doesn't turn greasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannaz View Post
    Thanks for digging up the recipe teal, sounds good!

I read that rosewater is good for eyes too, it's supposed to work like eyedrops, to moisturize and calm down irritation and tiredness in eyes. Haven't tried this one but maybe I will someday...
    You're welcome! I didn't know rose water worked for eye drops - learn something new every day!

Quote Originally Posted by xovictoryxo View Post
    That looks amazing! I dont have any of those essential oils however ;/ wonder if they are required? her hair in the 2nd picture is gorgeous!
    I just bought a mister bottle that has roses printed on it yesterday lol Found it at the dollar store for $1 and I thought was a perfect mister for the rose water! I will make a concoction tonight!!
    I don't know if they are required but they sure do smell nice. Someone did a study and apparently the essential oils were proven to help with hair growth. I added peppermint essential oil as well, mainly because I like mint. Here's a thread about using EOs.
    bsl > mbl > hip > [tlb] > clsc > fingertip > thigh > knee > ???

Length
    30/39/40
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I use rose water to get my son's hair wet before a cut, he likes the smell

Length
    20 in/30/40 in
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I mixed rose water with aloe and jojoba oil, will spray on my face and hair, it feels refreshing! I added some water to stretch the rose water however.
    http://xovictoryxo.blogspot.com/
    Lady Victory of the Skyward Sword in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    23/21/40
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

At one time I had a problem with flakes in my hair, dandruff I think. I read somewhere that rosewater can help to get rid of dandruff. I mixed 1tsp of it with my regular ACV rinse, doused my hair with it, and rinsed after a few minutes. It really helped clear up that dandruff.

Also, in the middle east, rose water is sometimes used as an ingredient in sweets, or drinks; it's quite nice once you get used to the rose flavor!

I buy rosewater at Whole Foods. There are some that are okay for consumption to use in foods so that's what I buy for my hair. I always sprayed my face with it before applying moisturizer but I heard it's good for hair. I use it to damp bun and the scent smells so amazing when you take your bun down. I've been trying to stretch washes to every other day (I'm an addicted daily washer with really oily scalp). On non-wash days I make parts in my hair and spray the scalp evenly everywhere. It helps the itchiness and feels so refreshing and tingly. It also helps cover that sebum scent I hate. I was inspired after watching this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWkwu...zgTYXMs%3D

Length
    Pixie/Ear/N/A
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Interesting thread. I just bought 8oz of rose water and 8 oz of food grade rose petals. I'm not sure if I can use the dried roses to make more rose water but I'm going to give it a try. I have heard that roses do a lot of really cool stuff for the body.
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
    Lady Aoibheall, Protector of Penguins, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    24/30/44in
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

My redwood roots hair nectar mist is mostly rose water..smells sooo nice, it also has saffron oil in it along with fo-ti root, rosemary, sea kelp, avocado oil, macadamia nut oil.....and aloe. Its basically a moisturizing mist for hair growth and health. www.redwood-roots.com

On the beehawe store I have found rose water, but it has Sodium benzoate and Potassium sorbate. Is that bad ? Can`t seem to find a natural one. Our "bio" stores have rosewater, but with alcohol.