Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying Indian Herbs Online

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Default Buying Indian Herbs Online

My apologies if this has been asked before. But what are the best places to buy herbs online? I know Henna Sooq, and love them dearly, but their stuff I'm afraid is going to add up and be way more pricy than I want to pay all the time (I'll do it if I have to but).

I looked at mehandi, but their stuff is even more expensive. The benefit to HS is that their powder is amazingly finely sifted, so I haven't had hair-twigs or anything. But if there are other places, I'd love to check them out. For some reason, Missouri is severely lacking in Indian groceries.

I did look at From Nature With Love. Has anyone had experience using their stuff? They sell in the kinds of quantities I'd want, and seem reasonable. But has anyone used their stock? Other suggestions welcome, and again, sorry if this has been asked a thousand times before.
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Buying Indian Herbs Online

Ive bought mine off amazon before. The henna guys, and a few others. Its actually cheaper i think than buying from the grocer.

---APL----BSL---WL---HIP---TBL---
    Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

And you had good quality? I heard some iffy stuff about Henna Guys' actual henna colors being mixed with undeclared ingredients, so I've been a bit wary.
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

I've used From Nature with Love things and they worked just fine. The other site I've ordered from is Mountain Rose herbs, also good quality. I haven't bought henna from either though. Other herbs were fine.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

For those of you in Europe, Aroma-zone http://www.aroma-zone.com/ is a french brand with very good quality (and prices) ayurvedic herbs, henna & other hair related stuff (maybe they ship to US, I ship to middle East but very rarely because of the shipping fees )
    Bra waist Hip TBL Classic Mid-thigh

Length
    Pixie/CBL/APL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I get my henna from myhenna.us . It is a distributor of Indian herbs and henna related things. KhanaPakana is also good. Literally the same stuff I saw in the markets in North India. I am also in Missouri! If you are in the south of the state, a trip to the Indian market in Rogers, Arkansas might be worth it.
    %5BIMG%5Dhttp://i65.tinypic.com/14tlu2t.jpg%5B/IMG%5D
    ~January 2017~

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I'm in St. Louis, so that's unfortunately a bit of a long haul for me. But if I'm ever down that way, I will definitely keep it in mind. I'm honestly just disappointed this large city doesn't have an Indian grocery...
    "All things strive."

Length
    Pixie/CBL/APL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

That is strange considering they have Gurudwaras and cricket teams. The henna I order online is quite often under $7 and lasts me 3 uses. The stuff I recently ordered has 14 other herbs in it and it smells like Indian food. My boyfriend told me I smelled like a mango pickle the day after I applied it. I personally like it; but the sites both have a wide selection.
    ~January 2017~

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I'll check it out. I have thick curly BSL hair, so it may not last me as long, but I'm always looking for alternative sources. Even though I love Hennasooq so very much.
    "All things strive."

Length
    Pixie/CBL/APL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Henna Sooq is nice. I am 1/4 of the way through a cocoveda shampoo bar. I love how it brings out the red; it's just such a pain to use because it doesn't make suds.
    ~January 2017~