Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thin Hair and Henna

Length
    SL/26.5"/30"
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Thin Hair and Henna

henna has given my hair the feeling of fullness (although as others have said it wears off) But my strand diameter still looks wider than it did pre-henna. My hair pre-henna was lacking in protein so the strengthening properties are well noted (and much appreciated).
    Henna has actually enhanced my natural curls similar to when my hair was virgin. Pre-Henna my protein starved hair (due to chem dye) was a bit soft and "mushy" and my curls weren't keeping much at all, my hair was quite flat. I think the protein has given my curls a spring again Oh and the wonderful henna glow and shine. <33333. I have never mixed my henna with amla, only indigo.
    Last edited by Lissandria; September 9th, 2011 at 05:21 AM.

Length
    ???/31"/40"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

After having about 4 or 5 full head treatments, my hair is much straighter and smoother but not flat, and has more volume. I have noticed thickening which is nice. Its not extremely dramatic but it is there and also it smooths a lot of the fly aways that I get from having light, fine hair.

Also after a long period of time I have noticed my hairs length is thicker because my hair doesn't break as much as it used to so more hair is getting to the longer lengths.

Length
    CHIN/BSL-/??
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

My baby fine hair is COMPLETELY different with henna. Which is a very good thing! My hair was already baby fine and thin and was made cob-webby by chemical dyes. May hair is now strong and sleek....almost like barbie doll hair. I absolutely love it! My hair is naturally stick-straight, and with henna it is not weighed down.....just more strength and texture, and the shine is blinding!

If you go to the henna for hair forum, they talk about wavy haired people using amla with the henna to retain their waves....may be an option for you!

Lady Maniai of the Unquenched Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights