Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did your favourite childhood movie feature long hair ?

Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Did your favourite childhood movie feature long hair ?

As a kid one of my favourite movies was The Flight of Dragons. Rewatching it the other day I realised the two main female characters Princess Melissande and Danielle of the Woodlands both have very long hair. Did your favourite movies as a kid feature long hair and if so do you think it influenced you to appreciate or want long hair ?

Princess Melisande

Danielle of the Woodlands with her occasionally bumbling henchman Giles of the Treetops

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Did your favourite childhood movie feature long hair ?

Well, my favorite childhood movie was the Muppet Movie. Does Miss Piggy count?

My other favorite movie was Roman Holiday, which featured long hair for the beginning of the film. I was always devastated when she cut it off, even though she looked beautiful with her new style.

Type
    1b/F/ii

Miss Piggy counts in my book
    Danielle when she first lets her hair down from under her cap cause they call her a boy. Long hair seems to be magic in this movie

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Audhumla View Post
    Miss Piggy counts in my book
    Danielle when she first lets her hair down from under her cap cause they call her a boy. Long hair seems to be magic in this movie
    Haha, thanks!

I've never seen Flight of The Dragons. Maybe I should watch it for the hair.

Technicolour Pug Lover pink.sara's Avatar
    Length
    42/26/36
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

Yes! Robin Wright Penn in The Princess Bride, she had classic blonde waves, all floaty and soft looking. It was very beautiful and totally princessey!
    Mine was lke a horses tail in comparison, thick, dark, unruly and usually hiding a few twigs or some old chewing gum.
    I learnt the meaning of envy that summer!

Brand New Redhead

Length
    Shldr/TBL/Knee

I never thought about it before, but since you asked...various Disney movies, the Star Wars trilogy, The Princess Bride... it appears that all of my favorite movies from my childhood had long haired main characters...huh...

I'm now wondering if I liked those movies and they just happened to have long hair, or if I liked the movies because they had long hair...

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I didn't have ONE favorite childhood movie, I watched quite a few. My tastes varied.

There was no long hair in The Goonies. Andy had what? APL? Barely brushing BSL at the longest?

The little girl in Troll (the fake Heather O'Rourke) had lengthy hair though.

There was NO hair in Full Metal Jacket.

No noteworthy hair in Nightmare on Elm Street, although Nancy did have the thick stuff, but it looked rather frizzy to me.

Ripley had barely shoulder length in Alien, and even shorter in Aliens. Lambert in Alien had it up all the time, but it didn't look like there was any considerable length there, and in Aliens, Newt's hair was filthy, I never looked at the length. Vasquez and Dietrich had the buzz cuts, Ferro wore a helmet the whole time onscreen.

Sarah Connor had that ridiculous 80's blown out pampered poodle look in Terminator.

There were some decent updos in The Horror Express, but I was so enraptured by Telly Savalas' bald pate, that was the only head I paid attention to.

Yes, my parents let me watch just about anything when I was little
    "But the back seat of the drive-in is so lonely without you"

Type
    1b/F/ii

Another one of my favourite childhood movies featuring long hair:
    Odette from The Swan Princess.

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

'The Last Unicorn'? Actually, yes... Amalthea had calf-length hair I think. AND IT WAS SO PRETTY.

Type
    1b/F/ii

I remember as a kid I used to love watching the Hercules Series with Kevin Sorbo and The Xena series with Lucy Lawless. I never saw myself as much of a girl when I was young and I think Xena was the one that convinced me that you could have girly hair and not have to be weak or constantly swooning over boys.

Also Storm from the X-men. I always used to pretend to be storm when we played X-men.