Thread: Avocado...good hair mask ?

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Post Avocado...good hair mask ?

So, I bought an avocado and want to do a mask for my hair because I have read that it is so moisturizing and I need that for my hair. So I was wondering how many ladies have done it? Was it good results? Is it better to but dry, wet straight from the shower, or lightly damp from a spritz of water from a water bottle?
    Lady SpiralSong of the Everwinding Tales in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    21/25.5/Hip
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Avocado...good hair mask ?

I do them regularly on towel dried hair.
    SL - APL - Just BSL~ BSL ~ Waist length - Hip length
    Currently in the infamous BSL stall

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by kyandii View Post
    I do them regularly on towel dried hair.
    Then you just put it on and then rinse with cold water as any DT right? Plus, does the smell linger if you put it on towel dried hair?
    Lady SpiralSong of the Everwinding Tales in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Waist/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

I've tried this twice- big mistake. What I did was put an avacado in a blender with a few drops od castor oil and a touch of conditioner then put it in damp hair for about an hour. It is really tough to wash out and actually made my hair more dry. Avacado oil on the other hand moisturizes my hair really well .
    There are two types of people in the world; those who play to win and those who play not to lose.

Length
    14"/33"/36"
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by christine1989 View Post
    I've tried this twice- big mistake. What I did was put an avacado in a blender with a few drops od castor oil and a touch of conditioner then put it in damp hair for about an hour. It is really tough to wash out and actually made my hair more dry. Avacado oil on the other hand moisturizes my hair really well .
    ^ I had the same experience as well. I had a terrible, terrible time trying to get it out. I'll stick to Avocado oil from here on out.
    Last edited by Raqdoll; August 14th, 2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: missing modifiers & adverbs...need...more..caffiene...
    "You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

That's what I was afraid of, because I read you can only put it on for 20 minutes or less because it gets sticky and hard to get out as you said. Were can I buy cheap enough but good avocado oil?

Length
    Waist/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by longcurlygirl<3 View Post
    That's what I was afraid of, because I read you can only put it on for 20 minutes or less because it gets sticky and hard to get out as you said. Were can I buy cheap enough but good avocado oil?
    The store brand whole foods oil isn't too expensive and they have small bottles so you're not comitted to a big bottle if you don't like it. Whole avacado really is a PITA to get out of your hair even when blended smooth however the second time I did it I wore a shower cap to keep it from drying and that helped a little bit for washing it out. Regardless, I was picking dried bits of avacado off my scalp for days.

The first time I went to WF looking for avacado oil they actually gave me a free sample of it. I think they were amused that I was going to use it on my hair .
    There are two types of people in the world; those who play to win and those who play not to lose.

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

The first time I went to WF looking for avacado oil they actually gave me a free sample of it. I think they were amused that I was going to use it on my hair .
    Bahaha I should go and try some thank you for writing your experience, I am going to do it now to get over it