Thread: It has been a long time:update ( a bit long)

Account Closed by Member Request

Default It has been a long time:update ( a bit long)

Top picture is today, 3 days since using Lush Caca Brun (the first time I have ever used henna of any sort)
    Bottom picture is from July 2010.
    There doesn't seem to be any noticeable colour change at all from the Lush henna but then my hair is pretty dark anyways. I think the greys I had are covered anyways. So I would like to keep using henna and indigo to keep the darker colour.

Also, there is not a big difference in length, but I did chop a time or two. I have decided that even getting to bra strap length may just not be possible for me.

I have had a terrible hair year.
    I was using olive oil quite often and have come to the conclusion that it was way too heavy. My hair was so flat and thin. I wasn't using a whole lot of protein because a couple of years ago i overloaded on protein. But as long as I am careful, my hair needs to have some protein for body.

In the picture from today, I washed hair last night with Joico s/c and added an egg to conditioner (this really ups the volume for me), plus it was humid yesterday so my hair is quite a bit fuller than other times.

I am washing hair every day. I can't stop. I am in and out of houses where people smoke, and some houses are not the cleanest. I really cannot quit washing every day. I try to rotate with SLS free shampoos to be more gentle but I can't use SLS free all the time as they seem to make my hair shed a lot more. (Same with CO, when I did it, my hair wouldn't stop falling) I do dilute the shampoo.

Nothing biggy, just mentioning what I have been doing and what I plan to do. It has been a while since I have posted.

Length
    chin/APL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Default Re: It has been a long time:update ( a bit long)

I don't know what to say except I think your hair is very pretty.

Thank you! I wish I had your colour and shine! It is stunning.
    One thing I have no luck with is shine, probably because I wash it so much. But I have no luck with not washing so I will make the best of what I can. (when I say I can't stop washing daily I know i am very stubborn about that, I do not use chemicals (unless there is in Lush henna) or heat tools so hope that helps.)

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Oh!
    I'm sure you could get to BSL and beyond and your hair will look gorgeous with that curl!

Have you tried ACV rinses after your wash? They'll balance your PH after all the shampooing and will make your hair super-shiny.

Also, I find SMTs work really well to keep my hair soft and shiny.
    Shoulder>>>APL >>> BSL >>> WAIST

Alyanna - I have tried ACV a long time ago. I must have used too much (I used about a 1/2 cup in a pitcher of water) and it really dried my hair out. Unless I used only a tsp or so, which may not even be enough to do anything, I am a little nervous to try again.
    I was hoping the henna/indigo might make it shinier. Maybe when I get the real stuff from hennasooq, maybe it'll work better than the Lush.