View Poll Results: What should i do to the now damaged parts of my hair?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baby the hair and grow out the damaged parts

7 14.29%
  • Get 1inch of damage cut off and wear the hair up a lot

23 46.94%
  • Take the plunge and get the 3-4inch of damage cut off

14 28.57%
  • I don't know...it's up to you!

5 10.20%

Thread: ahh my poor hair! advice pleaseee?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    APL/chin/BSL
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii/iii

Unhappy ahh my poor hair! advice pleaseee?

Hey guys,

So i could do with some advice regarding my hair Before i get into it..a little background story, this time last year i had ruined my hair by bleaching the heck outta it and so my curly hair would no longer go curly and i decided last august to just chop off my APL hair to ching length in order to reduce damage and i started my healthy hair journey with no heat/dyes etc and it was going really well my default pic shows a good curly hair day i had some months back, no damaged hair in sight!

Fast forward to today and it feels like deja vu. This past week i for some crazy reason decided to bleach and dye my hair (i wanted it brown..my hair is originally jet black but was currently growing out a dyed black) and anyways needless to say it has damaged my hair, my hair is not as curly and now my layered APL hair has about 3-4ins of hair that will not revert back to its curly natural state and feels quite dry. Bare in mind my shortest layer is just past ear length and my longest ones are APL. If i plop it and mainipulate it, it will go wavy but that doesn't change the fact it's damage. I tried to nurse my damaged hair back to health last year and it didnt help much so thats not an option.

I do not like short hair on me, even my current length seems short to me but it's been growing fast which is why i'm in two minds over what to do.

I don't know if i should just leave it, baby it and grow out the damage and when my hairs longer cut it then. Or i'm thinking to just to the salon tomorrow and have either 1ins cut off or the 3-4ins and just start again and wear my hair up with clips/ hair sticks etc.

What do you guys think? any thoughts would be appreciated
    Last edited by Curly_jas; August 9th, 2011 at 05:07 AM.
    29/9/13 cut back to Chin length
    Since 10/2013- No heat and wearing hair up

Excited for this curly journey!