Page 354 of 456 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404454 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 4557

Thread: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

Length
    CBL/BSL+/Hip?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    After my third micro trim. My first trim only netted around six hairs, so things are definitely improving!

Yay! Progress! One of the things I like most about trimming on a schedule is that you can absolutely see the changes come about, without constantly fretting about it.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

That's right, and it's surprising how quickly you begin to see progress.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

A few days ago I trimmed the excess growth for the 4th time since I reached my goal. This time I grew 4 cm extra over classic length but trimmed 4.5 cm I will just have to survive being, technically, away from my goal for some time Seriously though, I should grow it back in a month and start growing some extra length again, this time the plan is to wait till it's 5 cm (2") which is my goal in terms of how much extra length I'd like to grow for all the next trims. I started with a small trim, then waited longer the next time, and the next and the next to grow more (1.5 cm, 2.5 cm, 3 cm, 4.5 cm), because my ends were too weak to wait for my hair to grow 5 cm when I first reached classic. But each trim left them in a better condition, and it wasn't too hard to wait for some more growth each time. I think now the ends should be strong enough to survive the time my hair will need to grow 5 cm, without getting dry, rough or thin.
    In general, each of my trims, even the first 1.5 cm one left me surprised with the difference in smoothness and thickness. The recent 4.5 cm one gave me a high difference. I'm not yet satisfied with the thickness of my ends, but I think I will be soon, way sooner than I expected.
    With my four trims so far I trimmed 11.5 cm (4.6"). And my hair is still at classic (let's forget the the 0.5 cm of the overtrim ), but my ends are much, much thicker than they were when I reached classic in July.
    Last edited by Henrietta; March 1st, 2018 at 09:24 AM.

Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

I trimmed a little early in March. I dusted the layers too. Going to grow to hip with layers and then I will decide if I want to cut more and have blunt hem. Still barely at waist, but I knew growing hair with frequent trims might slow it down drastically.

Length
    APL/BSL+/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Great progress Sarahlabyrinth! Can I ask how much you trim each time?

And congrats on your thicker ends Henrietta I'd love to see a picture if you decide to post one.
    Last edited by Dendra; March 6th, 2018 at 07:25 AM.

Finally finished growing out natural colour!

I went to the hairdresser today and trimmed 5cm. I also bleached my hair again, I will probably regret this tomorrow.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dendra View Post
    Great progress Sarahlabyrinth! Can I ask how much you trim each time?
    Anything up to half an inch. So not much.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

It is wonderful to see the progress everyone is making with their trims

My last trim was Dec 31 so I could gain some length; my hemline looked ok.

On the Vernal Equinox March 20, I will dust racers as needed.... and then on the full moons going forward.

In June (Summer Solstice is on the 21st) I will resume my 'quarterly/seasonal change trims' to maintain my hemline more solidly at hip when wurly/unstretched.
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; March 7th, 2018 at 10:29 PM.

I love how positive this thread is. Any damage or thin ends will gradually decrease, and for those growing, like me, there's no major loss of length to deal with. It can feel slow going but anything worth having is worth waiting for.

My current trimming schedule is half an inch every three months. It suits me well at the moment. I might try going longer between trims when my hair is long enough to wear up, but only to save money. My hair is slippery and difficult to cut well. I'm hoping that it will be more forgiving when it's longer so that I can be brave and try trimming it myself.

Length
    CBL/32"/32"
    Type
    2c/3a/C/ii

Trimmed around 1" on the 7th. I did more of a blunt cut this time with a Crea clip and I think it was more like 1.25" off the longest bit. Back to 33" overall! It's taken me a long time to get used to the idea of no layers in the back but I'm starting to really like the look of it.
    *Last box dye - 12/2013, Last highlights - 05/2014, Dyed hair gone! - 11/2018 * Goldwell Kerasilk! - 09/16, 04/17, 08/17, 06/18*