Page 353 of 456 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355363403453 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 4557

Thread: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

Default Re: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

Quote Originally Posted by Pol View Post
    Thank you! It was your trim schedule that gave me the idea, so thank you for that too! I'm really intrigued to find out how it works for me.
    Oh it was me? You're welcome!

I have no idea if it affects growth...but it keeps me from snipping too much/impulsively

Length
    32/42/44
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Well, this thread is keeping me accountable. Trimming about half an inch today:

2018-02-25 - Trim 01 by Cat Hair, on Flickr

Result:

2018-02-25 - Trim 02 by Cat Hair, on Flickr

2018-02-25 - Trim 03 by Cat Hair, on Flickr

I've just myself off the inevitable disappointed of a 6 month comparison photo, as I am planning to trim as much as I can handle in April before a trip. Probably another inch or so.

I would say it feels worse than last trim. Maybe shed some. Eyeballing it now and photos from six months ago, I would say there is no difference in thickness. Apart from the very ends looking very thin, but straight across in the shower. But it is what it is. It won't get any better if I never trim, so it's all progress.

Grew from shoulder to thumb length in 7 years without trims. Now maintaining.
    There once was a girl, who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good she was very, very good. But when she was bad she was horrid.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Keep going, Cathair! If you want to make an estimation about how much time you'll need to see a difference, maybe you can measure the thin area (from the ends up) and calculate how many 1/2-1 inch trim you'll need to get rid of that. My experience is that the visible difference will come sooner than all the taper is gone. Sometimes U-shape or V-shape makes a faster visual difference than straight across.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    32/42/44
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    Keep going, Cathair! If you want to make an estimation about how much time you'll need to see a difference, maybe you can measure the thin area (from the ends up) and calculate how many 1/2-1 inch trim you'll need to get rid of that. My experience is that the visible difference will come sooner than all the taper is gone. Sometimes U-shape or V-shape makes a faster visual difference than straight across.
    Thanks for the encouragement I'm quite hopefully it will improve in some way over time and I feel a lot better about trimming it now. Like I am happy trimming back a damaged long nail. I didn't feel like that at all at the start of last year.

I think the trouble is that it doesn't have so much of a tapered shape. It's see-through all the way across.

This was March last year (I won't embed because the picture makes me cringe!): https://flic.kr/p/ESpb7t

You can see it's relatively solid until about waist, then it turns into ghost hair. I have a strong feeling the see-through part is the part I used to straighten some 7 or so years ago before I started my LHC journey. And perhaps it hasn't weathered well? If that's right, then I hope since the higher up part hasn't had that treatment it will age better.

But really that means I need to cut back to waist, which is going to take quite a few half inches! It gets slightly thicker the high you go up, but before and after waist is night and day. If I am right, how much of a good sequence of warning pictures will it make for people who treat their hair with heat? Long term goals

If I'm not right, then it will simply be ropey indefinitely I guess.

This is 2013 vs 2016. You can see 2016 is almost he same, with a veil of thin stuff added on to the ends: https://flic.kr/p/EJcESn

It can look nice down, so long as I keep it together over one shoulder White is a very unforgiving colour, because it shows all the gaps and hides my white hair so it looks thinner. Have been wondering what the optimum colour to show hair up on is, when mine is brown, white and blue all at once.
    Last edited by cathair; February 26th, 2018 at 12:49 PM.

There once was a girl, who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good she was very, very good. But when she was bad she was horrid.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Cathair the first link doesn't work for me, the second does.

I actually think a V shape would make many of your problems vanish. Your naturally thicker area forms a V, so if the hemline would match it, they would look "in sync" with each other, and thus eye would find it harmonious. You would also be able to get rid of some of the "ghost hair" (as you put it). I think with V and by trimming the equal lenght from tailbone to where your ends are now you could get a great looking fairytails (fairytail to thicker hair ratio). So no, I don't think you'd need to trim to waist!! (And let's hope your thick area keeps growing lower!)

BTW it's also my favourite way of wearing my hair to push it over one shoulder.

Your colours are so unique! I'm always happy to see you rocking them! I don't know about your particular combo in the context of best background colour, but in general it seems like people of all hair colours (also blondes) find whites and lights and patterns making their hair look more seethrough. And on the flip side, solid dark colours (black seems popular) seem to be making all hair colours, even those that have a high contrast, look thicker.
    Last edited by Arctic; February 26th, 2018 at 05:47 AM.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    CBL/BSL+/Hip?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Cathair - I absolutely agree with Arctic - I think a V hemline would really suit your hair. Mainly I would hope it would help you to feel better about your hair and see the loveliness of it. I'm sure the thickness will travel down (your guess about the heat damage seems spot on to me), but I also really think your hair looks way better than you seem to think it does. It has a very romantic feel and look. The phrase 'ghost hair' is excellent and made me chuckle though! I can imagine the white background doesn't do you any favours. I just took my new passport picture and it is HORRIFYING! My hair isn't even that light, but it just disappears against the stark white background and bright light. It went ghost! I have to hope I don't look like that in real life!

I agree what's so nice about microtrimming is that sense of gradually moving towards your goals - without the difficult to-cut or not-to-cut decision of a major chop. Keep us posted as to what you decide and your trimming progress!

Length
    32/42/44
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I've fixed that first link, sorry about that. It's basically the same picture, but it just illustrates how it can look different shapes depending on how it falls. It's interesting you both see a V. I feel like it doesn't have much shape, but it's hard to be objective about your own hair.

I remember when averyhairyfairy was it? Cut a V into her hair, it made such a wonderful difference. I think I will plod on how I am at the moment so I don't freak out. But maybe that's something to consider for the future. I do think V's are very pretty, but I've never been bold enough to have one cut in.

I might have a go at photoshopping it from tailbone Arctic I think I can kinda see what you mean. Over one shoulder hair rules It looks thicker and it feels more feminine?

Thank you for the kind words about my hair Pol, I will try to think of it as romantic instead of scraggly I'm glad ghost hair made you chuckle, is sorta sums it up doesn't it? Passport photos are always horrifying! I feel for you. I had to take a photo for an ID badge recent, fortunately I was allowed a black background. Took me about an hour to arrange my hair and manage to take a photo with an expression that didn't look like I wanted to eat small children haha Good to know white didn't help your hair either, will definitely experiment with colours for the next pic.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Next trim tomorrow - yay!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    CBL/BSL+/Hip?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cathair View Post
    I've fixed that first link, sorry about that. It's basically the same picture, but it just illustrates how it can look different shapes depending on how it falls. It's interesting you both see a V. I feel like it doesn't have much shape, but it's hard to be objective about your own hair.

I remember when averyhairyfairy was it? Cut a V into her hair, it made such a wonderful difference. I think I will plod on how I am at the moment so I don't freak out. But maybe that's something to consider for the future. I do think V's are very pretty, but I've never been bold enough to have one cut in.

I might have a go at photoshopping it from tailbone Arctic I think I can kinda see what you mean. Over one shoulder hair rules It looks thicker and it feels more feminine?

Thank you for the kind words about my hair Pol, I will try to think of it as romantic instead of scraggly I'm glad ghost hair made you chuckle, is sorta sums it up doesn't it? Passport photos are always horrifying! I feel for you. I had to take a photo for an ID badge recent, fortunately I was allowed a black background. Took me about an hour to arrange my hair and manage to take a photo with an expression that didn't look like I wanted to eat small children haha Good to know white didn't help your hair either, will definitely experiment with colours for the next pic.
    Photoshopping is a good idea, anything that helps to visualise it. I think it's so much harder to visualise a change in our own hair than it is someone else's. I've started cutting a slight V into my hair to help counteract the triangle head tendencies it has and I was very tentative about it to start with - it certainly doesn't have to be a steep V all in one go!

I wish I'd had a black background for my passport photo, but in all honestly I'm not sure it would have helped much. I had to get it done in a rush and I was tired, pale and full of cold with a red nose. Super hot look! The expression of wanting to eat small children I am very familiar with (and also made me laugh)! I asked my partner for an honest opinion of my photo and he said I had the cold, dead eyes of a shark... I cannot disagree! Ghost hair and shark eyes

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

After my third micro trim. My first trim only netted around six hairs, so things are definitely improving!

JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR