Page 352 of 456 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 4556

Thread: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

Length
    CBL/32"/32"
    Type
    2c/3a/C/ii

Default Re: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

I took a pass on trimming this 15th. I'm going to wait until March 15 and trim 1" then.
    *Last box dye - 12/2013, Last highlights - 05/2014, Dyed hair gone! - 11/2018 * Goldwell Kerasilk! - 09/16, 04/17, 08/17, 06/18*

Length
    34"/38"/42"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I'm checking in as well. I've tried no cutting/ trimming at all, but that didn't work out. I ended up cutting too much damage afterwards, that I figured trimming and s&d once in a while is better for my fine hair.

Last December I've trimmed 1.5 inch to even the hemline out. Since then I've s&d-ed a couple of times. I discovered that the scissors I bought are not sharp enough, cause they ruffled my ends (and of my daughter's) very bad! So today I'll try to find me soms new ones.

Length
    Chin/TBL/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I trimmed 0.5” of the longest hair strands in the end of 2017, after 13 months of no-trimming. I was going to trim again in the end of January but I skipped it.
    My tapered ends don’t bother me so much anymore, I might just leave them as is, let them grow, and only trim in April.

Currently at TBL , onward to Classic!

Length
    Pixie/TBL/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Just trimmed 1 inch yesterday, and my hemline is looking better.
    Last edited by Beeboo123; February 21st, 2018 at 02:25 PM. Reason: It was actually 1 inch, i just measured again today to confirm
    Pixie->TBL(current)->FTL(goal)

Length
    Pixie/BCL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I didn't trim my hair for 3-4 years while growing it out, and while I did indeed gain a lot of length during that time, it made my ends considerably thinner than the rest of my hair (I'd neve had long hair before in my life so I didn't know taper even existed prior to this). I've been microtrimming monthly for quite some time now and definitely seeing results, but it still bums me out sometimes when I see how thin the very ends of my hair are. My braids are thick on top but at the ends are substantially smaller. I keep thinking that if I just trimmed back to belly button length my ends would be soo much better but I know I'd miss the length :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Becs View Post
    I didn't trim my hair for 3-4 years while growing it out, and while I did indeed gain a lot of length during that time, it made my ends considerably thinner than the rest of my hair (I'd neve had long hair before in my life so I didn't know taper even existed prior to this). I've been microtrimming monthly for quite some time now and definitely seeing results, but it still bums me out sometimes when I see how thin the very ends of my hair are. My braids are thick on top but at the ends are substantially smaller. I keep thinking that if I just trimmed back to belly button length my ends would be soo much better but I know I'd miss the length :-/
    Hang in there; it will catch up!

I know how it looks/feels to you....but to us

I haven't trimmed since Dec 31, and will wait until Vernal Equinox on March 20.
    There is even a possibility I may hold off until Summer Solstice on June 21 depending on my growth

I want to be a more solid HIP when dry (my wurls shorten it ) and then maintain there; so far my hemline looks/feels good
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; February 20th, 2018 at 02:17 PM.

Length
    CBL/BSL+/Hip?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Hi trimmers! Back on the LHC after a long break and checking in with my favourite threads : ) really nice to see your pics and hear all your trimming stories - very inspiring stuff.

I cut my hair from mid-back to just under shoulder length last year to get rid of most of my hennaed hair. Since then I've been trying to trim less. I love microtrimming, but I can never seem to cut less than 1.5cm or so - I'm incapable of dusting! In the interests of my hair getting longer (!) I decided at the end of last year to switch to a quarterly trim cycle as a compromise. That way I'm maintaining my hemline's shape, trimming out the last of the red and still growing. Here's hoping anyway! My last trim was yule time, so I'm waiting until the spring equinox to trim again. Because my hair is still quite short (a couple of inches from BSL) I haven't noticed any difference in my ends, but I can always feel when I need a trim (my hair gets tangly), so it'll be interested to see if I can hold out for another month!

Happy hair trails everyone!

Welcome back and happy growing; I use the same trim schedule

Length
    SL/KL/KL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

My ends have taken more damage throughout the winter, so I'm looking forward to my trim next month. It will also be a solid 1/2" this time, so hopefully this will be enough to clean up my ends until I reach BCL. I'm still not exactly sure when I will be maintaining this year... I guess I'll wait to see if I make BCL before my third trim (planned for July) this year, since I'm not maintaining until I am at least that length.
    mbl - wl - hl - bcl - tbl - cl - ftl - mtl -kl

54"

Length
    CBL/BSL+/Hip?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    Welcome back and happy growing; I use the same trim schedule
    Thank you! It was your trim schedule that gave me the idea, so thank you for that too! I'm really intrigued to find out how it works for me.