Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I was skeptical of ___ but it worked!

Length
    13"/17"/40"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Cool I was skeptical of ___ but it worked!

I tried an apple cider vinegar rinse for the first time and I had to post about it somewhere because the results were so flabbergasting. I tried it because I just started using CV shampoo bars (which my hair seems to LOVE) and saw quite a few other posters here talking about how awesome the ACV made their hair feel. I was skeptical. I didn't know if this stuff would fry my hair or make it feel loved. So I mixed up two tablespoons of ACV with two cups of water in a squirt bottle. I used my shampoo bar (chamomile/citrus, if you're curious), used my regular conditioner (VO5 vanilla mint, which is 'cone and sulfate free), and then squirted the ACV concoction over my hair after everything else had been rinsed out. I was even brave and left it in without sticking my head underneath the showerhead.

My hair has not been this silky soft and tangle-free since I was a teenager. This is amazing! I'm a believer!

What are some of the crazy things you all have been skeptical of but now love?

Length
    pixie/chin/30"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: I was skeptical of ___ but it worked!

BBBs...without mine my scalp is tight and dry feeling but also greasy, and my length/canopy is dry and frizzy. Used to use one but didn't realize how important it was !

And also CO, at first I was totally for it but then took the benefits for granted after using an sls shampoo at my dbf's. Went on an sls bender and the scalp was also pretty angry about that, lmao.
    Acv rinses, catnip, how well vo5 works...

All kinds of things normal people find bizarre, and wonder why their hair is thinning or their scalp is dry or their hair always looks fried.

nearly bangs-less! 10/19/11.

Length
    16.1/30.31/40
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I was very sceptical about AVC as well when I started it, but it works great!

also, I was sceptical about honey, I tried it a few times but it never really worked, until I tried it in an SMT and it was amazing!
    May 12th 2012, virgin hair back!
    chin, shoulder,apl,bsl,waist, hip,tailbone, classic.
    Hip length expected in January 2016.

Length
    BSL/WL!/knee+
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I used to be kinda weirded out by ACV rinses as well. Now...Love them!

I was sceptical of CO before I tried it. But I did and it was great. Now I'm trying to transition to WO, which would have totally disgusted me 2 months ago. Heck, it would've disgusted me less than a month ago. But now, all I want is for it to work, and that one day I might even be able to go SO/NW.

Length
    20./27/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Catnip tea soaks to prevent split ends. Works like a charm and allowed me to grow from BSL to waist in a year since my hair quit breaking off!
    AKA MotoGirl... August 2014 - WAIST! Four years after growing out from bald due to chemo.

Length
    Buzz/SL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Oiling my hair! I had tried oiling before, or at least I thought I had, before joining LHC, and it always turned my head into a grease ball. But the big difference is learning how to oil hair the "LHC way", i.e. less is more

Took an arrow in the knee Alaia's Avatar
    Length
    APL/~TB/Knee!
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

I was sceptical of two things:

Oiling my hair - it really worked

Using a comb not a brush: It also really worked, but I went back to a Denman after a while and now I'm back on Combing/BBBing.
    Lady Aineldiel of the Three-Fated Path in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TB - Classic - Fingertip - Knee!

Length
    Chin/APL/BSL/W
    Type
    2a/C/iii

CO: I was so skeptical that this was a viable option, not just for me but for anyone. Everyone shampoos and conditions every day right? Except for hippies who shampoo every other day. But if I had to pick the one change I made that has improved the look and health of my hair the most, it's CO.

Oils: Putting oil in your hair = greasy hair, right?! The only time I had previously oiled my hair, I was a teenager and I had dumped a whole bunch of baby oil () in it. Needless to say, I was not thrilled with the results. Anyway, I had no idea how beneficial this would be for my hair. And I learned to just use a few drops, haha.
    Lady Scarlet of the Whispering Philosophes in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12/39/48
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I use the ACV on myself and my dogs also. Their coat looks amazing after it!
    classic thigh knee

Length
    17.5"/APL/APL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Spin pins! They look weird but they do an amazing job of holding my hair up. I only need 1-2 of those so they are light