Thread: Home made protein treatment vs hydrolyzed protein

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Home made protein treatment vs hydrolyzed protein

I was wondering if they are any really benefits regarding the protein intake from homemade protein treatments vs commercial products containing hydrolyzed protein.
    From what I have read, the protein itself is too big as a molecule to be absorbed by the hair. Besides coconut oil, who has a smaller fracture, there are no other natural products containing protein that could really penetrate the hair shaft.
    What is your opinion ? I need some protein treatment and I was wondering if it is worth to do all the work ( on a regular basis ) while I could buy a product like aphogee, ore joico.
    I have found this link on internet and reading also other stuff from the same blogger I am wondering if there is any real beenfit from the home made ones, or if a commercial product containing hydrolyzed protein is a better choice for the protein.

http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/...t-2-of_03.html

another quote from the same blogger :

"The protein part of eggs (egg white/egg albumin) has a molecular weight of approximately 33000- 40000 (The Journal of Biological Chemistry, pg 189-193, 1939). I can't find a reference for hydrolysed egg albumin size but I would strongly suspect that this molecular weight is too large to be beneficial. "
    Last edited by jaquelines; July 22nd, 2011 at 05:21 AM.