Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Home made protein treatment vs hydrolyzed protein

Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Default Re: Home made protein treatment vs hydrolyzed protein

I've started using Bonacure time restore leave in satin spray now too, will update after a month of use in personal blog. It's supposed to have Q10 amino cell rebuilding technology, heck I don't know what it mean's but I will give most things a go.

Length
    chin/-APL/waist

Quote Originally Posted by jaquelines View Post
    Good to know ! Thankx !

Now I know what bothered me - Mineral Oil and the paraben ( less than mineral oil, but I do not use mineral oils on my skin ) . So bad. Why can´t they just come with no cones and no parabenes and no mineral oils ??
    Yes I wish they would too because the keratin in K-Pak is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulbahar View Post
    Oh, you CAN simply add all those proteins to any conditioner you like. Then you wouldn't need the incroquat.
    That is what I call a deal !

Quote Originally Posted by ange1ito View Post
    I've started using Bonacure time restore leave in satin spray now too, will update after a month of use in personal blog. It's supposed to have Q10 amino cell rebuilding technology, heck I don't know what it mean's but I will give most things a go.
    I can´t seem to find any ingredients . Does it have cones ?

Length
    5/20/40
    Type
    1a/1b/C/ii/iii

I also use a product called vegetal keratin (made of hydrolized wheat protein and hydrolized wheat gluten) mixed in my shampoo, conditioner, oil mix or even sprayed on hair (mixed with water, because it would be too thick otherwise). It makes my hair thicker, but also tends to make it a bit curly and harder to comb. I'm also thinking of trying silk protein on my hair soon.

Length
    13"/39½"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jaquelines View Post
    Hydrolyzed Soy Flower – Increases the hair’s ability to retain essential moisture, which protects it from damage. Hydrolyzed Soy Flower works in the cuticle layer of the hair to improve the tensile strength of the hair.
    Just stumbled on this thread, great research! I try a lot of different flours to wash my hair with. Once I tried soy and this was an epifany! It had the same effect as a protein treatment, or something like cassia does! The effect was immediate and from only one washing, not a deep treatment or such. Amazing. Perhaps it is less apparent for someone with coarser hair, I have baby fine hair. Like new growth or something.

I will try the avocado treatment. I suppose you would need a ripe one for that. It is very difficult to get ripe avocados here though. They are either hard as a rock or brown inside. They wont get ripe at home either

Length
    13/22/36
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I wanted to second how well some of this homemade protein stuff works. I mix eggs, aloe vera gel, coconut milk, avocado, gelatin, and hydrolysate collagen or beef protein and it makes for a better protein treatment than I ever tried when I was still using commercial products. I think the amounts are very individualized so it took me a couple tried to get it right but I'm so happy with how it turns out! I'm also going to look into silk protein as well but u haven't ordered it yet.

Length
    22"/29"/37"
    Type
    1a/F/i

Common sources of hydrolysed protiens are Braggs Aminos (a "soy sauce" that has no added salt, vinegar etc. just pure hydrolysed soy), Knox gelatin, dark beer (the fermentation process hydrolyzes the proteins in the hops and grains used), and hydrolyzed whey powder available in sports supplement stores. I rotate all of these either in my homemade 'poo or my conditioner.

Length
    13/22/36
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I've had a bottle of Braggs amines in my cabinet this whole time and haven't known to try it! I will definitely be adding this to my list. Since I make my own egg shampoos, it's relatively easy to throw things in the mix...although I used to do that to my commrcial shampoos as well when I was using them! So fun to experiment!