Thread: Jade Hair combs and other comb materials?

Length
    N/A/N/A/N/A

Default Jade Hair combs and other comb materials?

I saw hair combs for sale that were made completely of jade. I'm wondering if anyone has heard of the benefits of it, and whether the combs are useful/amazing/awful.

Also I really want to get a specialty hair comb that isn't made of plastic. What are the best materials for hair/scalp health?

Length
    pixie/clssc/clssc
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Jade Hair combs and other comb materials?

I have a couple of yak horn combs and like them a lot. They supposedly help prevent static since the keratin they are made of is very much like hair.

Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by jackiehunter212 View Post
    I saw hair combs for sale that were made completely of jade. I'm wondering if anyone has heard of the benefits of it, and whether the combs are useful/amazing/awful.

Also I really want to get a specialty hair comb that isn't made of plastic. What are the best materials for hair/scalp health?
    Ditto! Chiming in to request feedback from others.

Length
    chin/SL/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by finzi View Post
    Ditto! Chiming in to request feedback from others.
    +1. Also wondering where to find such things, save online shops. Not that I mind shopping online as such, if anyone has recommendations for online sources, do please share, but I very much prefer to have a look and feel before I buy something.

Length
    16.5/30/40+!
    Type
    2a/F/iii

I have quite a few combs from http://hairsense.com/ They're made out of a hard resin, made to imitate bone apparently.

Two of them came with damaged tines, so you'll want to examine them closely to make sure they actually are perfectly smooth and good for your hair.

But I was able to get replacements without any trouble.

ETA: The damaged tines were only on the very fine toothed combs. All of my combs with wider spacings and larger tines were fine.

ETA: Another resource: http://www.tenderheaded.com. I haven't bought from them before. Cinnamon Hair recommended them.

Also, I'm going to look into jade combs, they sound beautiful!!

Yay for blonette!

Length
    21?/31/36+
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I've never heard of a jade comb before, so I googled it and this thread came up: http://www.longhaircommunity.com/for...?t=1697&page=2 The general consensus seems to be that jade is a relatively delicate material compared with most comb materials, and a lot of jade combs don't have polished teeth. I know that true jade (as opposed to green-colored stones used as imitations) is pretty tough as far as rocks go, but I suppose it still isn't as tough as something like horn or wood. It would make an interesting collectable, though!

Length
    N/A/N/A/N/A

Yes I read that thread recently, which was actually what made me spark up the idea to put the questions out there again. Considering there weren't many answers there before