Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dishwashing Soap

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Default Re: Dishwashing Soap

I used dish soap once because I had insane buildup and I was desperate. I had no ill effects from it, but I only ever did it once. I wonder if you could continue to use your clarifying shampoo, and then maybe a dry shampoo during the day if you find your hair getting greasy.
    Every day is Thursday.

Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I don't know about dishwashing soap, but the dishwashing detergent is almost the same as normal shampoo, so depending of the brand is no big deal, you just have to dilute it. I already use it and is like shampoo. Good for clarifying.
    But... As you maybe noticed in your dishes, sometimes if the pan/plate is very oily or there is something you can't wash in the moment, we just put a few drops of detergent, water and... wait.
    My idea is, using your normal shampoo or dishwater detergent (diluted), put in your hair and WAIT, like 5 minutes, massaging well. The oil has to go. If you start producing more oil as soon you go out of the shower, so my advice is going CO.
    CO, Coconut Oil and Shea Butter. Goal: TB

Length
    Pixie/Waist/BCL?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Another option to check if your scalp is overcompensating because of your shampoo being to harsh:

You can pick a very gentle shampoo that won't dry out your scalp (again, this is in case your scalp is overcompensating because of harsh shampoos...) I think the gentlest are Baby Shampoo & Bodywash combos, because they can't irritate an infants skin or eyes. I've tried 3 different shampoo & body wash combos, and I really like California Baby's Super Sensitive Shampoo & Bodywash. It has a neutral smell (Burt's Bees smells funky), it's cheap, you can get it in a huge pump bottle, and you can use it everwhere!
    "I'm not cheating, I'm just decorating." ~ravenreed

Thanks for the help, everyone! I think I may look into the CO washing.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/BCL?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I forgot to mention that the baby shampoo & body wash is sulfate free, so it's not really like traditional shampoo at all. It doesn't even have derivatives of sulfate like the supposedly "sulfate-free" adult shampoos tend to have. If you find that co-washing is not enough to clean your hair, I highly recommend the California Baby.

And a note on co-washing: make sure you co-wash with non-cone conditioner. If you only use conditioner, and that conditioner has cones, the conditioner will not be enough to remove them from your hair when you wash, and the cones will build up on your hair. That's one thing traditional shampoos are good for: they remove the cones that cone-y conditioner coats your hair in!
    "I'm not cheating, I'm just decorating." ~ravenreed