Thread: Tresemme Keratin Smooth?

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Default Tresemme Keratin Smooth?

My school is giving out free samples of this, and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with it? I have a sample of the shampoo and conditioner as well as the best activated treatment (which will be going in the trash)
    Last edited by Larki; April 28th, 2014 at 10:30 AM.

Waist ~ Hip ~ TBL ~ Classic ~ Knee

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Tresemme Keratin Smooth?

Interesting! I'm sort of a keratin addict, but haven't heard of this particular product line yet. If you want to toss the treatment, because you don't wanna use heat on your hair, i suggest you could simply try to use it like a deep contitioner, leaving it on with a shower cap and a warm towel. I didn't look up the ingredient, but as long as it has Keratin in it, it should penetrate somewhat into the hair and should have an effect, maybe not as dramatic as advertised, but still.

Type
    2a/F/i

I used the shampoo and conditioner before. It's okay. It does leave my hair very smooth but if I use it at every wash it leaves my hair dry and frazzled. I'm not sure if the smoothing affect I get is from the keratin or the silicone in the conditioner though lol

BSL: Made it!Off to Waist!

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Alright, well, I tried out the shampoo and conditioner just now! So far I've noticed basically no difference between it and my usual S&C. My hair felt a tad bit smoother when I was rinsing out the conditioner than it normally does, but the difference wasn't significant - maybe I just detangled more thoroughly than I usually do before a shower. And my hair looks thinner than it usually does, which is kind of alarming, but I'm 99% positive that it's just an illusion or something. My hair is fresh out of the shower, so still super wet. I'll update later!

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

My hair is totally dry, and I notice no difference whatsoever between this S&C and my usual S&C. But to be honest, I don't think my hair really cares what I put on it.
    Last edited by Larki; April 29th, 2014 at 10:01 AM.

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

What does keratin do for the hair? Is it possible that my hair just doesn't need extra keratin?

Account Closed by Member Request

Keratin basically does, what anything else in the protein range is supposed to do, filling tiny Gaps in the cuticle to prevent them to get bigger and cause breakage and strenghten the hair overall. However, to much protein/ to little moisture balance can leave hair dry and still cause it to break, simply because it becomes rock solid. I never expirienced this effect tho. My hair just doesnt take any more protein than it needs. Maybe yours is just fine and thats the case. I suppose it takes a few tries to see if a product really has an effect or not, but if you liked what you've been using befor, i wouldn't bother to switch things up.

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

I used the treatment as a pre-poo and let it sit for half an hour. It didn't do anything. *shrug* So I guess my hair is completely indifferent to keratin.