Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SheaMoisture

Length
    jaw/SL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: SheaMoisture

Yes! I am currently WO but when I used to use shampoo the best I have EVER used was SheaMoisture Moisture Retention. It smelled heavenly (a little strong while wet but nice when it dries) and it made my hair so nice and shiny and healthy.
    Long hair/ natural hair care friendly hair stylist

Length
    SHLDR/32/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

In honor of this thread, I'm going to sleep with the Anti-Breakage masque on my hair.

Length
    11"/26"/???

Quote Originally Posted by C.H. View Post
    And I'm now I'm wondering what the purpose of deionizing water is.
    I'm guessing they use it because deionized water is less likely to leave any icky looking salt residue in their product, (you've seen those crusty mineral deposits you get when you use hard water? Those minerals are still found in normal or soft water but just in smaller amounts).

Distilled water is purer so I'm not really sure why they use deionized water instead. They probably have their reasons...

Someone's bound to know the real reason on this board. Hopefully, you'll get the real answer soon...now I'm curious.

Length
    11"/26"/???

Almost bought these products when walgreens was selling them for $4.99 when they first came out. I didn't because I was waiting on reviews. Now I wish I had.

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    Almost bought these products when walgreens was selling them for $4.99 when they first came out. I didn't because I was waiting on reviews. Now I wish I had.
    I didn't know if these products were new or just new to me, but that's a great price. Even at $10-$12, it's more expensive than most drugstore products, but still reasonable IMO for something with quality ingredients. Having begun to browse the ingredients of some of usual brands, it certainly seems like a step up.

Account Closed by Member Request

I would like to try the hair smoothie, shampoo and conditioner but my local Walgreens doesn't carry this line .

Length
    SL/APL/waist

I bought the smoothie a couple of months ago. I haven't used it much so I haven't formed a solid opinion it. I plan on using it more in the future to see how it really works for me. Today is a wash day so I might just experiment with it. Other than that, the scent is really nice. The texture of the product is quite thick so I can foresee some buildup. If you are used to shea butter, then the smoothie might suit you. I am used to cony products on my hair so this is new for me.

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by curlsgalore View Post
    I would like to try the hair smoothie, shampoo and conditioner but my local Walgreens doesn't carry this line .
    I know not everyone likes to shop on line, but you can get them at Walgreens.com. I also found that in the stores I've seen, they may only carry 3 or 4 selected products, whereas on the Walgreens website you have access to what looks like the whole line. According to their website, they are also sold at Target and Walmart, so you can also try those stores.

Length
    7"/51"/100"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Deionized water is a type of purified water, it is also called demineralized water, this process removes all of the mineral salts in the water the quality is very high just about the only one better would be distilled (which makes it free of life forms as well), this process is generally used in these products because it's cheap and allows the water to be a truly neutral ingredient.

Length
    16 in/16/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I've used the Shea Moisture Curl and Shine Coconut and Hibiscus Shampoo. I didn't like it for myself (not a curly) but it works well for my DD who has a head full of fine, dry curls. Try Target. That's where I picked up. It was on an endcap where they had the CurlyGirl stuff. Off topic I love love love the coconut and hibiscus shea butter they have!