Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radish juice for hair growth?

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Radish juice for hair growth?

I've been reading about hair growing recipes in Turkish forums, and one of the most popular ones seems to be the radish juice. I couldn't find any threads about it here... I didn't try it myself yet, but going to give a try soon.
    Although I don't believe such a thing is possible, they say that it can make your hair grow 2 cms a week It also seems to make hair shiny and soft.

so here's the recipe:

grate the radish (some says a black one, but I'm not really sure what kind) then boil it in 2 glasses of water for about half an hour. let it sit until it gets cold, then add an egg (the yellow part of it?) apply this mix to hair then wrap it and let it sit for about 2 hours, then wash...

Any opinions?
    Last edited by liliala; July 16th, 2011 at 01:35 AM.

little hair obsessed too littlenvy's Avatar
    Length
    10"/waist/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Default Re: Radish juice for hair growth?

I heard of this long long time ago. And yes it is black radish (its actually black skin but white on the inside)
    I tried it, but from what I'm reading in your post I must have done it wrong because I used only grated radish without cooking it. Raw juice. OH THE SMELL!! It was ok for about half hour and then it started to smell and boy did it ever!!
    On the afterthought, I guess boiling it would have been better.

However; I did get a black radish conditioner in Europe one time and it really made my hair shine.

PS. If you use egg you don't need to shampoo. Just rinse or CO.
    I love mixing up my oils!

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by littlenvy View Post
    PS. If you use egg you don't need to shampoo. Just rinse or CO.
    I didn't know that, thanks I've always thought eggs would be messy on hair...

I've heard on other forums about using carrot juice to improve hair growth. I could see it helping. Root vegetables are full of minerals and an average diet can be greatly improved with the addition of a nutrient dense food. My hair growth is pretty good (average), but when I up my intake of vegetables, it really shows--flawless skin and quicker growing hair and nails. If my growth was slower, I'd try it. Daily radishes would do more good than harm in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by liliala View Post
    (...) grate the radish (some says a black one, but I'm not really sure what kind) (...)

We have a famous hair tonic in my country and one of the main ingredients is horseradish. Are you sure that's not what they meant? I am just asking because when I was Googleing a few months ago, given that English is not my first language I was in a confusion for a couple of weeks before I figured out what was what - since they never specified. And horseradish has indeed been used for hair growth purposes just as you describe. So confused that I even used up all of my radish extract bought in Turkey (they sold it for cooking... it looked like a thick oil), poured that into my hair oil, I can't remember getting 2cm a week though..
    Last edited by PolarCathy; July 16th, 2011 at 12:27 AM. Reason: not hair lotion,but hair tonic
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Special Spinach Juice (Looks like grass) is used in India for good hair growth

Try carrot Juice
    Last edited by Gumball; July 16th, 2011 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Combined posts.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PolarCathy View Post
    We have a famous hair tonic in my country and one of the main ingredients is horseradish. Are you sure that's not what they meant? I am just asking because when I was Googleing a few months ago, given that English is not my first language I was in a confusion for a couple of weeks before I figured out what was what - since they never specified. And horseradish has indeed been used for hair growth purposes just as you describe. So confused that I even used up all of my radish extract bought in Turkey (they sold it for cooking... it looked like a thick oil), poured that into my hair oil, I can't remember getting 2cm a week though..
    I don't think they mean horseradish, as I've never seen it sold around here. I've never heard of that radish extract either can you remember where you got it?
    2 cm a week is probably too much exaggeration, but still it's worth trying I guess

Quote Originally Posted by liliala View Post
    I don't think they mean horseradish, as I've never seen it sold around here. I've never heard of that radish extract either can you remember where you got it?
    2 cm a week is probably too much exaggeration, but still it's worth trying I guess
    No, sorry, BF bought it on the market in Istanbul but I can try and take a pic, I saved the bottle (trying to find someone in Turkey who can send me some).
    Last edited by PolarCathy; July 16th, 2011 at 02:29 AM.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

hmm interesting.. i like topucs like that,, but maybe its better to drink the juice and get overal body effect plus hairgrowth? i understand radice is kinda spicy like onion so maybe thats what gives the growth?
    I never heard about carrotjuice though,so im really surprised i didnt know that
    BCL right now w a thick hemline. Aiming for classic this year

I saved it too well, not in the cabinet where I thought it would be.. It was probably 30ml, a brown glass jar, and I remember it had a horrible blue metal cap. The bottle said things I didn't understand and in English "Natural Radish Oil" and also "L'huile du radis naturelle" in French. An e-mail address and a website also printed on the bottle and when I tried to look it up they didn't work anymore. I am 90% positive it was from Istanbul but there is a slight chance that it was from Cairo (same trip, within a two-week period, that is). I am really not sure now and I can't remember what language it was on the bottle ;(.
    Last edited by PolarCathy; July 16th, 2011 at 02:22 AM.