Thread: Hair Casualty Curiousity

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    27/42/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Hair Casualty Curiousity

My indistructa-hair means that even though I occasionally get tangled with things, I can usually get my hair out without losing it. I am careful, though, about earrings. I'm usually more worried about damaging my admittedly sensitive ears than I am about a strand or two of hair.
    Lady Blaze Sweetsong of the Swift Arrow and the Law Scroll, Priestess of the Divine Flame in the Order of Long-Haired Knights, with her service dog Sir Foofus

Length
    17.5"/APL/APL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I'm getting them on a regular basis since hubby recently replaced my wedding band with another ring that has a gap.

My hair gets caught in the gap whenever I run my hands through my hair (during washing, while I'm smoothing my hair to out it up, in my sleep, etc). Apart from that, I don't really get any hair casualties.

Account Closed by Member Request

Duplicate posting
    Last edited by CarpeDM; July 18th, 2011 at 07:24 AM.

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDM View Post
    My hairs like to get stuck in the links of my watch, if I didn't need to know what time it was I think I would not wear one.
    That happens to me too sometimes. I love my watch, it's one of my favorite possessions, but I have to remember not to let the clasp area too near to my hair.

Took an arrow in the knee Alaia's Avatar
    Length
    APL/~TB/Knee!
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Having really fine hair this is something I should have problems with, however, I very rarely wear necklaces and when I wear dangly earrings I almost always have my hair up.

I do frequently dip my hair in food, though
    Lady Aineldiel of the Three-Fated Path in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TB - Classic - Fingertip - Knee!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaia View Post
    Having really fine hair this is something I should have problems with, however, I very rarely wear necklaces and when I wear dangly earrings I almost always have my hair up.

I do frequently dip my hair in food, though
    I thought I was the only one who had food dipped ends!

Length
    12.5"/???/42"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

For me it seems the only time I get my hair stuck in my necklaces is when its between shoulder length and apl... once I reach past apl, my hair seems to loose its magnetic attraction to my necklaces (watch now that I've said this, my hair will do it just to spite me!)

but that being said, because I've such fine delicate hair, I'm constantly breaking hairs whether its during de-tangling, or it gets stuck in the car door, or under my purse strap, I could go on and on...

I think I've hardened my heart to it, because if I let it get to me every time I had breakage I would be a muttering wreck never able to leave the house...

BUT that being said, I don't like it, and I try to do everything in my power to baby the hair I have, and avoid damage as much as possible, but its going to happen in my hair, and all I can do is baby it.

Length
    16" ?/30"/thick
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Mine gets caught in the hinge of glasses: no way to move the hinge without taking off the glasses; no way to take off the glasses because the hair has them tied to the face...

The other problem I have is a lovebird that sits on my shoulder and can't resist grooming my hair. It doesn't sound like she bites it off, and I don't see little hairs afterwards, but there sure is a lot of short hair where she sits.

Length
    3"?/26"/34"?
    Type
    1a/F/ii

My puppy used to bite off pieces of my hair while I was sleeping. Now he 'grooms' me by removing my hair ties and pawing out my sleep braids.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleCrowned View Post
    Mine gets caught in the hinge of glasses: no way to move the hinge without taking off the glasses; no way to take off the glasses because the hair has them tied to the face...

The other problem I have is a lovebird that sits on my shoulder and can't resist grooming my hair. It doesn't sound like she bites it off, and I don't see little hairs afterwards, but there sure is a lot of short hair where she sits.
    Oh yes, I have the glasses problem too, my hairs always seem to find a way into the hinges and then I am trapped!