Page 20 of 878 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120520 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Bringer of teh lolz Miss Murphy's Avatar
    Length
    ear/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    Oh, miss murphy! I forgot to say which EO's are my favs! They are peppermint, lavender and rosemary. Yummy!
    Ah, now it makes more sense! I've got all these at hand, actually. How many drops do you use per rinse?
    Lady Entropy of the Lawless Lands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Bringer of teh lolz (bringer of the laughs) - check out the lolcritters-thread!

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Murphy View Post
    Ah, now it makes more sense! I've got all these at hand, actually. How many drops do you use per rinse?
    I haven't got a clue. I add three capsful each (they're tiny caps) into the gallon jug of WV.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    chin/30.75/tb?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I found out about the CV shampoo bars through the longhair community on LiveJournal last weekend, and I went a little crazy.

This is what I ordered:
    Cafe Moreno Shampoo Bar
    Mud and Clay Shampoo Bar
    Lavender Spice Shampoo Bar
    Summer Sunshine Shampoo Bar (sample)
    Cucumber Lime Soap
    Rhassoul Clay Soap

My items arrived yesterday, and I can't wait to try them! Unfortunately, I'm not due to wash my hair until probably Monday, but I'll post again with my results.

Incidentally, I've been no-poo'ing (the baking soda and ACV method) for about the past year. I was pretty happy with no-poo, I felt that I had to check out these bars. Yes, I am insane.

Has anyone here gone from a similar no-poo regimen to using the CV shampoo or soap bars? What did you think?

Length
    ear/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by n3m3sis42 View Post
    I found out about the CV shampoo bars through the longhair community on LiveJournal last weekend, and I went a little crazy.

This is what I ordered:
    Cafe Moreno Shampoo Bar
    Mud and Clay Shampoo Bar
    Lavender Spice Shampoo Bar
    Summer Sunshine Shampoo Bar (sample)
    Cucumber Lime Soap
    Rhassoul Clay Soap

My items arrived yesterday, and I can't wait to try them! Unfortunately, I'm not due to wash my hair until probably Monday, but I'll post again with my results.

Incidentally, I've been no-poo'ing (the baking soda and ACV method) for about the past year. I was pretty happy with no-poo, I felt that I had to check out these bars. Yes, I am insane.

Has anyone here gone from a similar no-poo regimen to using the CV shampoo or soap bars? What did you think?
    Well, for one I think you're not insane I have now ordered for the third time in as many months, so I'm just as insane
    I went from a regular routine to the bars, and for me there still is a transitioning period. I love my bars though, and wouldn't trade them.
    I just love going to my soap drawer (yes, I have one ) before every shower and picking out the soap or, if it's washing day, hair soap I'm going to use this time.

In my last order I ordered shampooch for my sister's dog, and my question to the dog owners here is: do you follow with a vinegar rinse on your pooch as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    I haven't got a clue. I add three capsful each (they're tiny caps) into the gallon jug of WV.
    Oh, I see. So far I've been using my vinegar out of the kitchen cupboard, but maybe I'll buy my own, so I can put the oils in ahead of use.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

So far I've been using my vinegar out of the kitchen cupboard, but maybe I'll buy my own, so I can put the oils in ahead of use.
    miss murphy, I pour some of the herbed WV/EO into an empty conditioner bottle. I keep that portion in the bathroom. Then, when I'm ready to use it, I squirt a couple of splashes into a tall plastic sports bottle, add a few cups of water and dump it over my head.

Length
    15"/16"/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

HELP! Okay, I just got my CV poo bar order in, I tried it tonight, and it made my hair soooo waxy, I couldnt even comb through it, so then i washed w/ my reg shampoo and conditioner, and still waxy. Am I doing something wrong?

I HATE

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sweetkandi View Post
    HELP! Okay, I just got my CV poo bar order in, I tried it tonight, and it made my hair soooo waxy, I couldnt even comb through it, so then i washed w/ my reg shampoo and conditioner, and still waxy. Am I doing something wrong?
    sweetkandi, did you use a vinegar rinse after you shampooed with the CV bar?

I shampoo twice with the CV bar, rinsing really well under running water. Then I apply my vinegar rinse.

I'm sure that you know this by now, but the soap is alkaline and the vinegar is acid. The vinegar rinse closes the hair cuticle.

I'd like to suggest that next time, you keep it really simple. Follow the method outlined above. Do not use a rinse.

Your hair will feel different while it's wet. Do not panic. When it dries, it should feel soft. I find that I do better if I don't try to detangle while my hair is wet. Rather, I pick up pieces of hair and shake them gently to speed drying. As I do this, the tangles fall out. By the time my hair is dry, it is soft an virtually tangle-free.

Also, you probably know that many people experience an adjustment period.

Let us know how the next shampoo goes, sweetkandi

Length
    15"/16"/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Thanx Neoma, I might try the vinegar rinse next time. Maybe I just didnt rinse my hair well enough. I hope it goes better next time. I know I have to be patient, so my hair adjusts.

I HATE

Length
    ear/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Sweetkandi, I think your culprit is most definitely the missing vinegar rinse. As Neoma so expertly laid out, you need the acid to close the hair cuticle. Then you shouldn't have any waxies

Length
    18.5/31.5/39.4?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Miss Murphy directed me here, and I'm happy to see there's a new poo bar thread!

Last time I wrote here, I was disappointed because shampoo bars left my hair feeling coated, still half greasy and too voluminous to be comfortable with.

Well, today I'm here to report a great success with my CV Café Moreno bar! The only change I made was the dilution of the vinegar rinse. I used to add 1 tablespoon ACV to 1 litre water, which turned out to be way too weak!
    Today I diluted the ACV 1/10 (75 to 100ml on one litre), and the minute I poured it over my head, even IN the shower, my hair became really soft!
    I let it soak in for half a minute to a minute, then rinsed out well and finished with a cold water rinse.

The result: Lovely clean and shiny hair and no waxy feeling whatsoever! Wow. I'm not sure if it's this particular bar or the change in the ACV rinse, but I'm so satisfied. I didn't use conditioner or leave-in, and my hair feels great. Just like it does with normal shampoo. Yay!

I hope this dilution, 1/10, is a good one. Does anyone know if it's too strong, I suppose not? Also, I'm hoping the results, even with different bars, will continue to be like this.

My package from PLH is on its way, I can't wait. I ordered the Chamomile Citrus and Patchouli ones, and the neutral "herbal hair rinse"...
    Anyone ever tried soaps from both of these makers, and noticed any differences? They're both 100% natural, right?
    I am fragile
    I am hopeless
    I'm not perfect, but I am free...