Page 560 of 878 FirstFirst ... 60460510550558559560561562570610660 ... LastLast
Results 5,591 to 5,600 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

The egg and beer one has protein. Check out this article: Whats wrong with my hair? Hair Diagnostic Tips. Maybe there is more info on that there. I went through a protein disaster for a couple of months, it was not fun. Check one of your shed hair and see if it snaps right away, then it's protein overload and you need lots of moisture. You didn't say it is greasy or tangly so I'm thinking protein, but I'm not sure.

Length
    SL/SL+/TBL??
    Type
    2c/M/iii

As much as I love CV and have a full bar of Cafe Moreno on its way (yay! Yippee!), I am kind of interested in this one. I liked CV's ayurvedic bar but found it too drying. I might have to try this one sometime.

Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by brave View Post
    As much as I love CV and have a full bar of Cafe Moreno on its way (yay! Yippee!), I am kind of interested in this one. I liked CV's ayurvedic bar but found it too drying. I might have to try this one sometime.
    Let us know if you do! I've been interested in this shop because it's one of the few UK-based shampoo bar shops on Etsy.

Length
    BSL/CLSC/CLSC
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I've been lurking around and have decided that i'm going to try switching to shampoo bars! I plan on ordering the following samples from Chagrin Valley relatively soon.
    Cafe Moreno
    Summer Sunshine
    Chamomile and Citrus
    Herb Garden
    Soapnuts and Sunflower (not sure if I should get natural scent or citrus mint. suggestions?)
    Lavender Spice
    Mud and Clay
    SO EXCITED

I also am considering ordering one more sample of one of the moisturizing bars (olive and babassu or babassu mashmallow) because i have dry ends, but my scalp gets oily fast. should i stick with the list i currently have? it's already pretty long..
    Last edited by umbrellabones; May 9th, 2012 at 04:22 PM.

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I've been using the lush "new" bar. It smells like cinnamon, and has it in there.
    It leaves my hair a bit heavier than usual, and sometimes makes my scalp tingle, so if you're sensitive beware!
    APL~BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Length
    15"/25"/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Fascinating thread! I've read a few of the first pages and a few of the last. So far I've seen no mention of my favorite shampoo bar (ok, the only one I've tried). It's from a little local company called Virginia Soaps and Scents. http://www.va-soaps.com/vss2_014.htm I've been using their shampoo bars for several years now. For a couple of months I used just the shampoo bar with acceptable results. Since that time, I've added their conditioner bar to the mix and I adore how silky it makes my hair feel.

My routine: CWC - conditioner bar from the ears down, lather my scalp with the shampoo bar, scrub well, rinse, and condition all over. Every couple of months my hair starts looking dull and feeling odd, so I clarify with baking soda.

I saw mentions of a tea rinse? I'm intrigued. The only thing I miss about commercial detergent is the scent.

Length
    chin/hip/tbl
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by nerdymomma View Post
    Fascinating thread! I've read a few of the first pages and a few of the last. So far I've seen no mention of my favorite shampoo bar (ok, the only one I've tried). It's from a little local company called Virginia Soaps and Scents. http://www.va-soaps.com/vss2_014.htm I've been using their shampoo bars for several years now. For a couple of months I used just the shampoo bar with acceptable results. Since that time, I've added their conditioner bar to the mix and I adore how silky it makes my hair feel.

My routine: CWC - conditioner bar from the ears down, lather my scalp with the shampoo bar, scrub well, rinse, and condition all over. Every couple of months my hair starts looking dull and feeling odd, so I clarify with baking soda.

I saw mentions of a tea rinse? I'm intrigued. The only thing I miss about commercial detergent is the scent.
    What a coincidence nerdymomma, I was just searching for a conditioner bar and then I read your post!
    As I may go traveling for a while I would really like to get a conditioner bar because of transport and luggage space. I do have a shampoo bar with which I'm very happy with, but no conditioner.

Is this conditioner bar from Virginia soaps good for (sometimes extremely) dry and tangle-prone hair? What is your hair type if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!

Length
    APL/Hip/BCL
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by brave View Post
    Hey I just bought that one and received it in the mail yesterday! It was hard for me to find a shampoobars seller who isn't based in the US (it would take way too long to ship) so I was glad I found this one. It smells absolutely heavenly, exactly like how I want my hair to smell (clean, fresh, not sweet). My mum tried it out this morning, without ACV rinse (and we have very hard water) and she said her hair felt rough in the shower, but really soft and light once dry.
    I'm going to try it out in a couple of hours and will report back here.

Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

I'm trying Castile Soap for when I want to shampoo my hair.
    I usually CO wash my hair, but sometimes my hair gets lank and oily and I need to shampoo it.

It dawned on me that using Castile Soap = using a shampoo bar.

Ingredients of my Castile Soap are:

INGREDIENTS: Water, Saponified Organic Coconut*, Organic Palm* and Organic Olive* Oils (w/Retained Glycerin), Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Essential Oils**, Citric Acid, Vitamin E

* FAIR TRADE Ingredients
    ** Available in Peppermint, Lavender, Almond, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Rose and Citrus Orange

All soaps are not only certified by Oregon Tilth to the same rigorous USDA National Organic Program standards that certify organic foods, but also are certified Fair Trade by the respected Swiss certifier IMO.

Length
    5/19/35
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Seems like most people love CV, are there any other similar brands?
    "Now she's walking through the clouds with a circus mind thats running wild..." www.cafepress.com/Littlewingsdesigns