Results 5,481 to 5,490 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Length
    waist/knee/knee
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bunnylake View Post
    They shouldn't strip your hair at all. They cleanse VERY VERY gently. Try one bar for about a week or so and see if you like it!
    What bunnylake said.

I have to wash with a shampoo bar at least twice, or my roots will still look greasy. Now, that's what I call gentle!

If you're worried, look for shampoo bars that are "moisturizing".

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

My scalp doesn't get greasy as much, just my hair ends up looking dirty. I've never had a problem with CV not cleaning my scalp enough, but even with an ACV rinse I have trouble with my actual length looking right. I use herb garden, lather rinse, lather rinse, condition rinse, than use my ACV rinse. It's worse without the ACV. Suggestions?
    I use v05 strawberries to condition.
    APL~BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Length
    17.5/22.5/27.5
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

The postal service is making me mad. My package should have been here yesterday based on where it was and it's been two places it shouldn't have gone since then. I want my soap...

ETA: Never mind, It showed up while I was eating. I destroyed the envelope getting it out of the box, but I have it.
    Last edited by lostchyld; March 2nd, 2012 at 12:43 PM.

Length
    Chin/APL/Hip
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sfgirl View Post
    My scalp doesn't get greasy as much, just my hair ends up looking dirty. I've never had a problem with CV not cleaning my scalp enough, but even with an ACV rinse I have trouble with my actual length looking right. I use herb garden, lather rinse, lather rinse, condition rinse, than use my ACV rinse. It's worse without the ACV. Suggestions?
    I use v05 strawberries to condition.
    I have the same problem. Last summer when I tried shampoo bars for the first time I found that only my length got the waxies and looked dirty, while the rest of my hair near the scalp looked really good. Once I tried CWC with suave, and it left my hair much nicer! I find that shampoo bars work great on the parts of my hair that are virgin and hennaed, but not for the last six inches or so that have bleach and dye damage from the past. I guess it makes sense, since shampoo bars don't have ingredients in it that mask the damage like most commercial products. Perhaps you're having this issue because of damaged hair also?

For the CWC, I would put conditioner on my length before every lather, and then finish off with an acidic rinse at the end. I recently started to give my shampoo bars another try, and have been experimenting with adding a squirt of VO5 strawberry to my acv rinse. I make my acv rinse in a yogourt container, and I dip my ends in it and swirl them around before rinsing my whole head.

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I use CV shampoo bars and soap. I have rosemary mint, the conditioner bar, and the babasuu marshmallow. I have a couple of lavender, chocolate, and calendula soaps. My Stepson is over, used my bathroom because someone was in his, and wanted to know why it smells like food in there.

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I must say I LOOOOOVE the smell of CV bars. It's like I shower in a herb/flower garden or something.

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gabee View Post
    I have the same problem. Last summer when I tried shampoo bars for the first time I found that only my length got the waxies and looked dirty, while the rest of my hair near the scalp looked really good. Once I tried CWC with suave, and it left my hair much nicer! I find that shampoo bars work great on the parts of my hair that are virgin and hennaed, but not for the last six inches or so that have bleach and dye damage from the past. I guess it makes sense, since shampoo bars don't have ingredients in it that mask the damage like most commercial products. Perhaps you're having this issue because of damaged hair also?

For the CWC, I would put conditioner on my length before every lather, and then finish off with an acidic rinse at the end. I recently started to give my shampoo bars another try, and have been experimenting with adding a squirt of VO5 strawberry to my acv rinse. I make my acv rinse in a yogourt container, and I dip my ends in it and swirl them around before rinsing my whole head.
    Thank you for all the advice! I think i'm going to CWC with it. I've actually found the CV bars help mask my damage a lot because they don't strip oils do my hair doesn't get that "fluffy" damaged look to it like they did with SLS shampoos. I also think I'm going to buy a container to swirl my hair in. I really don't want to give up on shampoo bars. I love that they're all natural, and that they aren't damaging my hair more.
    I washed today doing my normal routine and noticed only two parts on my head seemed a bit greasy. Maybe I'm not getting everything out right, since these areas still smell of the shampoo. I guess I'm so used to harsh chemicals that just rinse differently.
    APL~BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Length
    17.5/22.5/27.5
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kittensoupnrice View Post
    What bunnylake said.

I have to wash with a shampoo bar at least twice, or my roots will still look greasy. Now, that's what I call gentle!

If you're worried, look for shampoo bars that are "moisturizing".
    I got them last night and washed with the lavender spice bar. I love the smell and my hair this morning doesn't feel as stripped as when I co-wash. I also got one of the bath and shower butters in the lavender fields scent and that's awesome too. My legs aren't itchy after shaving and my legs always itch to the point that I just wear long pants year round and forgo shaving altogether except for special occasions.

One thing I am worried about, but won't know how the shampoo bars will affect it, is that my scalp has been itchy and flaky since October and deep massages with conditioner or oil have been the only thing that has gotten it under control. I can keep up the massages with oil, but how well does the bar get oil out of your hair?

Length
    APL/Hip/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lostchyld View Post
    I got them last night and washed with the lavender spice bar. I love the smell and my hair this morning doesn't feel as stripped as when I co-wash. I also got one of the bath and shower butters in the lavender fields scent and that's awesome too. My legs aren't itchy after shaving and my legs always itch to the point that I just wear long pants year round and forgo shaving altogether except for special occasions.

One thing I am worried about, but won't know how the shampoo bars will affect it, is that my scalp has been itchy and flaky since October and deep massages with conditioner or oil have been the only thing that has gotten it under control. I can keep up the massages with oil, but how well does the bar get oil out of your hair?
    I do scalp massages with castor/olive oil mix and cv bars get the oil out easily with just one lather. It also works when I do heavy pre-wash oilings on the length.

Length
    17.5/22.5/27.5
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

I'm loving the bars so far. I haven't had trouble with my scalp and I had the presence of mind to bring an acv rinse the first time I used one. My hair always feels like it's felting until I rinse.
    Lady Morgan Lynn of the Winding Forest Paths in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!