Page 460 of 878 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460461462470510560 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Located in Elkridge, Maryland (USA) and Toronto, Ontario (Canada)

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

CV stands for Chagrin Valley. They are very popular. google it to find their site.

Length
    waist/knee/knee
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    I just heard of shampoo bars today.I 've never seen one befroe. I wouldn't know where to buy one. Is it a special order thing? health food store? Can any of you tell me where you buy yours and which brand you recomend?
    Popular choices around here are:
    Chagrin Valley
    Prairie Land Herbs
    Sweet Creek Herbs
    Henna Sooq
    Apple Valley Soaps

There are, of course, many other vendors online and on Etsy, but those above are the ones that tend to come up most frequently.

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

I want to give shampoo bars another go, I am trying to use up some stuff, I have an obcene amount of stuff that I am just not using, I always seem to go and buy more even if I don't really need it!
    I have 5, yes 5, butter shampoo bars from CV, these are beautiful but I am going to use a conditioner (cone free) after them as I hate the smell of vinegar rinses, they ALWAYS hang around smell wise even when I rinse, I figure that most conditioners have citric acid in them these days so it should be fine!
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    short/knee/knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Gilly I stopped using vinegear as my rinse a long time ago. The smell just got to me one day. I can barely even use it in cooking now either.

I'll just use regular (cone free) conditioner. Sometimes I use fresh lemon or lime. I also keep the little squeeze bottle container of lemon/lime on hand in case I need a rinse and haven't purchased any fresh ones. It's mostly citric acid in those.

Jack of All Braids meishkamooshka's Avatar
    Length
    APL/Waist/Long!
    Type
    2a/F/M/iii

Thanks for posting this! I've always been interested in shampoo bars and how exactly they work!

Length
    pixie/25"/32"
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I tried a shampoo bar for the first time last night, I bought one with cassia in it from mehandi.com
    I liked the scent, and it lathered nicely but once my hair dried it was very filmy even though I had rinsed really well. So this morning I got in the shower re-wet my hair and tried a HALO rinse. It did get rid of the filminess, but left my hair *very* oily. So far shampoo bar is an epic fail for me. I CO washed this afternoon to get the oil out, and I'll try the bar again next wash day without the oil in the HALO rinse and see what happens...

Length
    Pixie/SL/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Hello everyone! I'm looking to try shampoo bars myself, and am wanting to buy a few Chargin Valley sample bars. However, I'm pretty lost on where to start. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for CV shampoo bars for my type of hair.
    My hair is very fine, tangle prone, wavy/curly, thick, and extremely dry. It hates protein but loves moisture.

Any suggestions? Thanks everyone!

Soap making is a lot of fun. If any of you get a chance to try it out, please do. You'll really like it but you have to be really safe about it because lye is no joke. I even got some neem oil recently to think of a new recipe to use it with, but people weren't joking when they said it stinks. PHEW! you'd need a lot of other items in there to make it smell yummy.

Length
    21in/36in/40in
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I agree Henna Song, I just made two batches today, one including tea tree oil that almost gave me soap on a stick, lol. Waiting to see how it cures, cross your fingers!
    Where did you get the neem oil, I had a bar from another maker that my hair loved but I have yet to have found the neem oil around here.
    I have to admit I have been super bad and using my shampoos way to early, my ends are yelling at me!
    Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might have the Hair I wish for tonight!

Soap on a stick lol!!

I have had some really oily batches but unfortunately they didn't up up curing well...it hurts me when I mess up a batch as I don't do a lot of small batches but a whole log usually. It hurts me meaning I feel so bad. What I have trouble deciding on is like scents...it's hard for me to decide sometimes what smells are really acceptable.