Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

I think that would be perfectly fine Loviatar!

ETA: I forgot to mention that I added my own review of CV bars to the review section that Chloeishere started.
    Last edited by SweetPea88; July 6th, 2008 at 02:27 PM.

Length
    14.5/31/?
    Type
    1c/C/iii

I think I may have found what works for me.. MAAYYbe. It's always changing.

My hair just looks and feels so awesome today. I know I washed the night before, but I had sweat alot at work so it was extra stinky with the lingering henna smell. So, I rinsed my hair out really well, massaged my scalp for a couple minutes, trying to be easier and lighter than in the past. Then I washed my roots only with the Carrot Milk and Honey, since it is more lightly conditioning. Then, I follwed with Babassu and Marshmallow on the ends. Finished with a less diluted acv than usual. Voila! No flyaways, no stinky, no greasy, just ubershine! Very hair-happy today. I guess I have to take it one day at a time and respond to my hair's particular mood with the appropriate bar. It's just that the process of finding out which one does what to your hair is a pain.

Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

That's great Oskimosa!

I just had a complete "duh" moment when I read your post...I never thought of using two different bars at once...I have a Marsh Mallow & Babassu bar that is a bit too moisturizing but it would probably be great on my ends!

Length
    14.5/31/?
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea88 View Post
    That's great Oskimosa!

I just had a complete "duh" moment when I read your post...I never thought of using two different bars at once...I have a Marsh Mallow & Babassu bar that is a bit too moisturizing but it would probably be great on my ends!
    SweetPea, I dont think I'd ever have thought of it on my own, so dont feel bad! It does make sense, like using shampoo and conditioner. You don't really put the conditioner on your scalp. I read on the CV website somewhere that some people use the regular soaps as a conditioner because they are more moisturizing than the poobars. So far, I have not found that to be the case!! But maybe it's just the particular soaps I ordered... Orange Creamsicle was especially drying, so I'm a bit wary of rubbing it all in my hair.

Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Oskimosa, yes it does make complete sense! It's so amazing to hear people's reactions to the bars and how they vary so much from one person to another, or even one wash to another! I really want to order some of the CV body soaps, they'll definitely be in my next order.

Length
    14.5/31/?
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Yay for soap/shampoo bars!

I have noticed TWO side benefits. I really hope some of you here have noticed them as well, and that I am not crazy:

I usually have flimsy, weak nails. I keep them really short because they tear if you look at them wrong. I haven't changed my diet or anything, and suddenly since the soaps, I have THICK, ROCK-SOLID nails! These things are lethal!! I still cut them off, because I'm not used to having them long. I scratch myself and everyone around me, and they get dirt underneath. Is this from the oils in the soaps/lotion bar?

HIDDEN BENEFIT #2: I sweat stinky. No hiding it. I had to use Secret Clinical Strength on my wedding day. It left me with large, hard, swollen bumps underneath my pits so I stopped using it. WELL, the night before, after my shower, I forgot to use my Secret Platinum deoderant and also forgot to reapply in the morning as my rutine dictates. I went to work, I sweat, I got scared because I didn't smell the perfume of the deoderant, and look! NO FOUL ODOR!! I sit here this morning, still no deoderant, and still no stink!!!

HOOOORAYY!!! I can't believe it!! I have always been so stinky without deoderant, it makes me want to cry (in happiness)!!

Length
    chin/30.75/tb?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Oskimosa View Post
    I usually have flimsy, weak nails. I keep them really short because they tear if you look at them wrong. I haven't changed my diet or anything, and suddenly since the soaps, I have THICK, ROCK-SOLID nails! These things are lethal!! I still cut them off, because I'm not used to having them long. I scratch myself and everyone around me, and they get dirt underneath. Is this from the oils in the soaps/lotion bar?
    My nails have been a lot stronger in the past few months. I hadn't thought about a possible connection to the CV bars. How interesting!
    Lady Tiamat of the Dragon Horde in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Founding Member of the (Second Incarnation of the) Official Hair Idiots Club ~ "Goobering One Style At a Time".

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I have only used the bars 3 times and my nails are stronger. I attribute it to the oils and the lack of sulphates.
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Length
    14.5/31/?
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Loviatar View Post
    I have only used the bars 3 times and my nails are stronger. I attribute it to the oils and the lack of sulphates.

Wow!! They really oughta say that on the CV website..!!

PS I also used the orange creamsicle soap on my hair this morning. I was afraid it would be drying, since it kindof dries my skin. Nope!! Works great. My hair is sooo soft and silky, probably less moisturized than with carrot milk and honey but more than with summer sunshine. It pushed me over the edge to order 11 more sample bars from CV today. I am now officially and shamelessly addicted.

Length
    14/23/40
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Hi everyone, I'm brand new here, and I just wondered if someone can tell me what the difference (if there is one) between regular soap and a shampoo bar is. The ingredients on the various sites say it's saponified oils. Isn't that just the same as soap? Have any of you tried just using soap?